Heater Reservoir, Oregon ?

J
JeepsAreBuilt
Has anyone heard of this place ? It is on Old Mehma rd, north of hwy 22.. between stayton and mehma, I never heard of it.. was wondering if anyone has ? I'm looking for a new place to fish thats quiet and nice, and not too far to drive is also a plus.

troutdude
troutdude
I have not heard of Heater; and I have never seen it on any maps. It is also NOT listed in either "Fishing in Oregon" nor in "Complete Angler's Guide to Oregon". So, I dunno whut to tell ya.

What species are you after? If it's Crappie, 'gills, bass, cats etc. - you might want to try the lakes/ponds in Lyons. Six blocks east of Main & Hwy. 226, turn left (north) onto 13th St. Go about 3 blocks north (heading towards John Neal Park on the N. Santiam). You can't miss the ponds on the left.

I've not fished there. But, it looks good. You can probably put in a tube or toon, if you want.

BTW, sitting in your back yard like you are in your avatar tell us that you have SERIOUS addiction! We'll look for a support group in your area!!!

D
Drew9870
I haven't looked at google maps yet, but I think this might be the private pond me and my buddy have permission to fish. My buddy's grandpa did some appliance work for the people, so in turn, the people let us fish the pond anytime.

I've pulled out an 8lb Largemouth quite a few years ago, some massive bluegill too, C&R only, the fish get some type of parasite during a certain time of year anyways.

If your talking about the one between Old Mehama Rd and Hwy 22, then we're on the same page.

J
JeepsAreBuilt
td - I am after trout... never really fished for carp, gill, bass, cat yet either. I have seen those ponds by John Neal park before as I have been to the park a few times to fish the river. I think those ponds are called Beaver ponds. It does look like a good spot to fish.. but I have not seen anyone fish there either. I think I may need to pick up those books you mentioned, maybe I'll actually find some places than just looking on google earth.

Drew, the res is on google maps, and it is more north of old mehama rd. On google earth, there is a picture of the lake posted on there. I think it may be part of alder creek ?? Those big power line/towers go right by it.

J
JeepsAreBuilt
Yep, thats the one. I guess its private property. I see other reserviors on google maps - they have names, look to be in good size. I dont get it, how they are on the map and have names, and what the reserviors are for anyway.. and all are private property.

troutdude
troutdude
They're likely used to water livestock or as irrigation; I would think.

BTW, BOTH of the books that I mentioned are EXCELLANT resources. You won't tire of using either one! They are my go to books, for new waters.