Heading to Tenmile and Tahkenitch for a two day trip

R
Ripnlips
Will give a report on how the fishing was, two of my personal favorite bodies of water to fish. Any body been down there lately?

R
Ripnlips
So ten mile is extremely low! Like 10 plus feet lower than when I was there at the end of August last year. Fishing was slow but we put 5 LM between 2-4 pounds in the boat, also I caught a 14 inch catfish on a plastic worm( first time I've had that happen). Water was very murky for a coast lake. Hopefully conditions and fishing at tahkenitch will be a little better heading there this morning.

C
Choptech
Thanks for the info. I am curious how Tahkenitch is as we are heading over there this weekend. I was there a couple weeks ago and the fishing was great. We put well over 25 fish in the boat. Nothing over 3lbs but was still a good time. We got them all over the lake on many different baits as well. Hope it is good for you.

R
Ripnlips
Tahkenitch is maybe a foot lower than normal, pretty close to normal level for such a crazy dry year, water was fairly clear as well. How ever fishing wasn't the

R
Ripnlips
... Crap I hit post on accident. However fishing wasn't as good as it's been in the past. We did put about 30 fish in the boat the ran pretty small( including a couple perch that were almost the same size as the crank bait I was using at the time), But I did get one right at a pound, and one at 1.8. Caught fish on a ton of different baits, senkos, swim baits, crank baits, gamehawgs, rodents... We caught fish pretty much every area we fished. Was a great day, wind didn't get out of hand until about 4:00, which if you've spent much time there you know it can pick up early and blow like crazy all day long. There were more boats than normal on the water but for the middle of the week but I attributed it to being the middle of July with the water being better than most places around. Hope this is helpful have fun and hope you knock em dead this weekend!

C
Choptech
Thanks, much appreciated. At least you were catching them, always makes for a fun time. I am excited to get back over there and on the water.