Heading to Oregon City to launch my 13' Alaskan Smokercraft

S
Specialed
How did the water look today? Does anyone out there have any advice for me? I am a little bit concerned due to the recent rains and this will be my first time on the river. Should I wait for the water to drop a bit or do you think it's safe to give it a shot? I have good life jackets but would rather not have to use them:lol: Thanks for any input, Ed

K
Kodiak
Go, you will have a great time. I'd come and help but I gotta work. Good luck tomarrow!

R
Redfox458
Specialed said:
How did the water look today? Does anyone out there have any advice for me? I am a little bit concerned due to the recent rains and this will be my first time on the river. Should I wait for the water to drop a bit or do you think it's safe to give it a shot? I have good life jackets but would rather not have to use them:lol: Thanks for any input, Ed

Hope you go early, Meldrum and Clackamette were packed!! I went down just to see if there was any action, and the boats on the water looked like a rush hour traffic jam in Los Angeles.

H
HANKIII
Tis the season for heavy boat traffic anywhere you go. You will be fine down there,the water is calm good luck

S
Specialed
Thanks for the replys-we went out and launched, the salmon didn't seem to be biting so I tried Sturgeon fishing and caught my first oversize-56" within 15 minutes of swithcinig gear. It was awesome-thanks Kodiak for encouraging me to go out. My arms were sore for 3 days from bringing that bad boy in.