Heading to Faraday & Small Fry

N
Needle Rat
Leaving to take the kids fishing. A day like this is designed for nothing better! Will report later on what I hope will be a successful day.

Cheers!

M
metalfisher76
Good luck! Take some pics and share too.:D

N
Needle Rat
Well they were hitting today! Saw quite a few full stingers. Kid next to use had one that was a good 14". We were using worms and all got a hit first cast each. Only thing landed by us was a salamander by my son. Well at least we landed something. Hope to make a return very soon but for a much longer time.

C
CFishRun
I had a Fair day on Faraday, Sunday 6/6. I caught five kept two that were foul hooked. One got a hook in the gill area and wouldn't stop bleeding. The other was hooked fine but it had swallowed someone else's rig and broke off leaving the hook in it's throat and a foot of line hanging out of its mouth. So I walked out with two 10-11 in stockers for the grill. All in all not a bad day teaching a friend of mine how to cast.

Rainy all day and the water was clouded. Bait was simply not producing (worms/powerbait). So I switched to a small jerk bait in Black and Orange and promptly, caught the first trout. Than after another half hour of no fish, I switched to #4 silver spinner with green accents because I saw some steel making a ruckus. Caught my second trout. Than I switched to a brass on brass #3 spinner which shouldn't have produced on that overcast muddy water day but it got the most bites and landed the most fish. I pulled the spinner with the direction of the current. Which in the area I was fishing was opposite that of the main current on the opposite bank. When fishing with lures or metal pay attention to the bite. All of my fish took the bait from behind which means that they followed it and than inhaled it. None of my fish were caught more than three rods lengths from shore which is due in part to the muddy water and cloudy skies. So all the casts for the majority of the day were made parallel to the bank or at a 30 degree angle to the bank, up current retrieved back down current. I only stopped fishing because I had a dinner reservation otherwise I could have limited out easily, once I figured out the technique that was working. Also, I didn't see one other fish get hooked by anybody else and for the vast majority they were all bait fishermen/fisherwomen.

S
ShdwmnkyX
I went there on the 1st and 3rd. I got bit once on the 1st, and several times on the 3rd. By using skills honed from years of not fishing, and forgetting everything my Grandpa taught me I missed every single one. :(

M
metalfisher76
ShdwmnkyX said:
I went there on the 1st and 3rd. I got bit once on the 1st, and several times on the 3rd. By using skills honed from years of not fishing, and forgetting everything my Grandpa taught me I missed every single one. :(

lol, kinda. "Skills honed", that`s funny! Sorry ya missed yer fish though.

S
ShdwmnkyX
I finally won at LIFE!! (as far as easy mode fish are concerned)

I finally won at LIFE!! (as far as easy mode fish are concerned)

Well turns out I was being impatient. Went today determined to catch something if I had to dive in, grab it with my hands and swim out. Fortunately I didn't have to do that. :D I wont post pictures of my first attempt at filleting as the shame would come across.

M
metalfisher76
Just fry `dem puppies up whole man. There a bunch of recipes in the recipes section, check it out. Nice lookin trouties bud!!