Heading out to salish.

T
Troutier Bassier
If you see a 12 year old boy wearing black skinny jeans and a black shirt with white/pink sunglasses introduce yourself. I will be George right then.

F
FishSchooler
I thought you were grounded till the 8th... :think:;):lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
SHHHHH!

Mom let me off early.
So I had a Pretty good day. I started at salish and caught 19 bluegills on a #16 treble hook. No bait. I also saw the best sight of my life. 2! Largemouth Bass!!! PIGS TOO! they were like 26 inches!!! No joke. And the were bass for sure because i even saw tere spikes on ther dorsal. THen I went to blue lake. I saw 4 Carp spinning around and caught only 1 giant bluegill ( they are always big there)

So I can help people if they are having trouble catching bluegill.

B
bassman503
West Salish has some very huge pigs there. Last year I was fishing on the dock and when your entering the dock, theres a little narrow passage on the dock on the left that doesn't have any poles to keep you from falling off. I was fishing there with a zoom finesse worm texas rigged. I cast it out and sort of yo-yoed it up and down. The bait was about 6ft out when 2 bass came out under the dock outtanowhere. Scared me to death. One was about 4-5lbs while the other was 11 in. I know that it was an 11incher cos i caught and measured it! They both sort of just stared at it while i tried to finesse the worm. I dont know how they didn't see me because they were about 3ft away from me. it was pretty dark so i guess thats why. I moved to my right to get a better position to set the hook and took my eye off the two fish. About 2 sec later the little 11incher was hooked up by itself. Idk how it hooked itself but it was a pretty solid hook up. Man I wish that huge bass would've grabbed my worm instead. Just goes to show that the bigger they get the wiser they are.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok gimmie the details. What color was the worm? How long was it? How Heavy was your leader??? Maybe We Can Go Sometime.

F
FishSlayer420
Thats for sure. He didn't get that big by being dumb. Man I want to fish these ponds but its such a long drive up there for me. Sometime soon though i am going!!!

T
Troutier Bassier
oh. Pshhht, Its not worth the drive from springfield. No way!

Blue lake.... Now Were Talking Baby.

OH and btw, When i was at salish I say 5 dead catfish all over the plave. they were a nice size too. DId KillFishEngage catch them??? I also saw some chicken liver and thread on the ground? COuld this be anybods???

B
bassman503
5in with watermelon red and blk flakes. I didn't use a leader but I did use a 1/2 ounce worm sinker. My parents never let me go fishing unless they're with me. They watch the news too much, but if I could I would hang out with you and fishschooler!

F
FishSlayer420
So Blue Lake would be worth the drive then? Salish not worth it? You know anyother good Bass CrappiePlaces up there?

T
Troutier Bassier
uhm uhm uhm uhm uhm... no? there is the colombia and thats it pretty much.

Yes blue lake is worth it if you want biger better fish blue lake. salish ponds just has 1000000000000000 tiny little bluegills that yu can snag easily. if ur taking kids. go to salish. if you are going by urself. blue lake it is.

B
bassman503
FishSlayer420 said:
So Blue Lake would be worth the drive then? Salish not worth it? You know anyother good Bass CrappiePlaces up there?

There are bass in both blue lake and salish but they are hard to find and catch. about crappie, i dont know much.

T
Troutier Bassier
Dittow. I snagged a dead largemouth one time. AT blue lake. giant thing. at least 7 pounds withoit the guts or 1 eye.

T
Troutier Bassier
Found It

Found It

Fishing at blue lake off of the view point near the swimming area. My friend snagged something im like its just a tree branch he rels it in to find it a dead largemouth. awesome isn't it.

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
Fishing at blue lake off of the view point near the swimming area. My friend snagged something im like its just a tree branch he rels it in to find it a dead largemouth. awesome isn't it.

Dang I didn't know that they were that big there. Thats an easy 6 pounder dude.

T
Troutier Bassier
its stomach was open. so its missing some weight. and i could barely drag it across the sand.

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
its stomach was open. so its missing some weight. and i could barely drag it across the sand.

Thats pretty big. I wonder how it died.:think:

T
Troutier Bassier
??? Spawning ???

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
??? Spawning ???

could be but u said that it's stomach was opened.

T
Troutier Bassier
.... Greedy Anglers????

I dont know??

Maybe....

Catfish ate its insides???

F
FishSlayer420
Isn't there two lakes there? what all species of fish are in there?