Heading out to salish ponds.

T
Troutier Bassier
Well Im going to go head out to salish ponds for some troutskis, Heard a lot of people were limiting out there. Wish me luck

M
mgdguy
Good luck! Let us know how the bite is. I still need to take the kids for their first fish...

K
kornphlake
Sounds fun, I was out there last week 2 times and didn't catch anything or see anybody else catch anything. I fished Monday night and didn't get anything to keep but I did catch a bluegill and a couple 4" brookies, I did see people catching legal sized fish though. I may be able to get out there around 8:00 tonight if all goes well.

Good luck.

T
Troutier Bassier
Well I was there and I Caught 12 Catfish and 2 Native trout. Not telling you where But i will say I Used worms.

T
TTFishon
Troutier Bassier said:
Well I was there and I Caught 12 Catfish and 2 Native trout. Not telling you where But i will say I Used worms.

How big was the biggest catfish?

T
Troutier Bassier
14Inches. No joke. They were bullheads but not the small ones. they had Fat to them, I am gonna go again at 6. PM me for the location of where I caught the fish. There will be 2 Kids and the one with Skinny jeans and a Black shirt is me. and There was one REALLY Big Catt. It was At least 18 Inches. HUGE for a bullhead, Except we couldent catch it for reasons.

T
TTFishon
Troutier Bassier said:
14Inches. No joke. They were bullheads but not the small ones. they had Fat to them, I am gonna go again at 6. PM me for the location of where I caught the fish. There will be 2 Kids and the one with Skinny jeans and a Black shirt is me. and There was one REALLY Big Catt. It was At least 18 Inches. HUGE for a bullhead, Except we couldent catch it for reasons.

14 inches is a pretty good one. My biggest bullhead is 19". I caught it on banana bubilisious chewing gum. I saw a cloud of babies and when you see a cloud of babies you know the parents are around and they were. Anyway, I didn't have any worms so I put the gum I was chewing on on my hook and it ate it.

T
Troutier Bassier
hmmm, Interseting. I was drifting worms But I heard people have used Bacon.

F
fish_on!!!
Almost

Almost

R both pond fishable I read some where that one of the ponds people r'nt allowed to fish but if thats not true then do the stock both the ponds almost went there today but decided to take the fish hunter to bensons...o n there r brooks in that pond???

T
Troutier Bassier
Yes there are brooks in that Ponds, And you can fish in both of them, Ive seen a giant brook jump for a Fly. Ive caught 1 and my Partner has caught 2.

K
kornphlake
There's a bunch of little brooks right now, if you head near sunset they'll be jumping near the banks. I've caught them by jigging worms just a few feet from the bank. I've only seen legal size rainbow's taken in the last couple weeks.

T
Troutier Bassier
I want to talk about this,

Runts.
Runts are the Little trout That always get on your hook when you dont want them, For instance. You are fishing with a Kastmaster and your are Kasting and on Every Kast you get a little trout, Not big enought to keep, 3-7Inches. And eache cast you keep getting those little trout. After a while you start getting annoyed with them, And if you get tired you want to catch a Keeper. So You cast out with Powereggs, And you keep getting those "runts"

Thats Why I call them runts.

They are not afraid of anything. They will Eat or Strike Everything and You will never Catch a Keeper with them around, Or so it seems.

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
I want to talk about this,

Runts.
Runts are the Little trout That always get on your hook when you dont want them, For instance. You are fishing with a Kastmaster and your are Kasting and on Every Kast you get a little trout, Not big enought to keep, 3-7Inches. And eache cast you keep getting those little trout. After a while you start getting annoyed with them, And if you get tired you want to catch a Keeper. So You cast out with Powereggs, And you keep getting those "runts"

Thats Why I call them runts.

They are not afraid of anything. They will Eat or Strike Everything and You will never Catch a Keeper with them around, Or so it seems.

We steelheaders have the exact same problem with smolts in the rivers this time of year!:rolleyes:

K
kornphlake
I, for one, would rather catch a couple runts than get skunked, but yeah, it's nice to catch a keeper once in a while.

T
Troutier Bassier
Yes, They can be Anyminnow Nonkeeper type Fish that always Bother you when You are fishing.

C
catphish
Salish later today 6/19

Salish later today 6/19

I will be out at salish for a while this eve, probably after 5. Pick up my ride from mechanic round 5 then head over to the pond. Any of you local Gersham Fairview OFF cats around? Want to fish a bit? I be the guy in the Red Sox cap w black hoodie on.

T
Troutier Bassier
I can't go today, Im busy. But you will see me there around september-December.

R
Redfox458
Ok so I'm gonna sound like a moron when I say this.....but where the heck is Salish Pond at? I can't find a map to it anywhere. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I've never fished it, but I want to, for sure!

T
Troutier Bassier
Its across the street from my house.

Glisan and 102nd.

R
Redfox458
Troutier Bassier said:
Its across the street from my house.

Glisan and 102nd.

Need a roommate? LOL