Headin' to G.P. in the mornin'!

B
beaverfan
Will be heading to Green Peter in the morning! (first time ever!) Gonna do some fishing and kinda use it as a scouting trip for a camping trip next month. Done quite a bit of research so this should be a fun trip! I'll have a report and some pics tomorrow evening!

brandon4455
brandon4455
good luck jay. plenty of kokes,bass and trout and i think land locked nooks to tangle with. i ehard camping is good there too. can't wait for pics!

troutdude
troutdude
Good luck bro. There are indeed all of those species in GP, including the chinokanees! I got a koke report from a buddy in Sweet Home 2 days ago. Some kokes are in the 18 - 19" range, which is awesome!

If you're gonna chase trout...flat line (no our very little weight) a Doc Shelton or Ford Fender rig. Follow that with a green / black bodied Wedding Ring tipped w/ worm. The standard pink/red rings work too.

GP is one of my favorite lakes. Have fun amigo!

A
ARKLITE881South
Sure hope the weather improves for you, we just had a heck of a rain storm pass through, been raining HARD off an on since about 5 PM.

F
Fishman55
Looking forward to hear how you did. I'm thinking about getting out to GP either tomorrow or Thursday. Can't stand waiting any longer to go fishing.

N
nwkiller
cany wait to hear how you did.....

B
beaverfan
Well it was a pretty slow day! Got there at about 8 this morning and fished till about 3. No Kokes for us in fact we didn't mark a whole lot and only saw one caught. Did get some Rainbows though, the biggest was 16 inches and caught with a buzz bomb casted towards shore. I will upload pics in a bit. Will be going back down there in 3 weeks or so when things heat up a bit!

F
Fishman55
How were you fishing for kokes, trolling? I'm still planning on getting out there in a day or two and usually I troll with downriggers, dodgers and hoochies. I have seen several posts that say the kokanee were marked in 60 plus feet of water.

Even though you didn't see any kokanee while fishing it was a nice day for fishing anyway.

B
beaverfan
Ya it was a great day out there! We had two rods out with dodgers, hoochies tipped with various scents of corn and one rod with a small apex lure and one with with a wedding ring tipped with corn. Most of the kokes we saw on the depthfinder were around 50ft or so.

brandon4455
brandon4455
well, some rainbows are better then no fish at all..damn those sneaky kokes!! ive hjeard there have been some hefty fish caught so far this year though..im excited to give gp a try in the next few months

F
Fishman55
Sounds like the same way I fish for those little buggers. I just mixed up some shoepeg corn dowsed in anise, anise/krill, kokanee, and krill. Always had the best luck with plain anise flavoring. Maybe they like the smell of licorice. Gonna give it a shot on Saturday, I'll put on post on the forum if I have any luck.