Headed to Spray!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Headed over to Spray tomorrow morning to fish the John Day. Been trying to get the time since March. My neighbor has some land over there he is developing, so he goes over several times a year. Also one of our other neighbors is going too. My friend Terry is meeting me and Troy. I won't be home till the 14th or 15. So will be out of touch. I'll try to take more pics, I always forget when I'm fishing. Going to do some night time cat fishing. Also watch the Perseid Meteor shower. I'll get back to you about what happens.

EOBOY
EOBOY
EOBOY said:
Also one of our other neighbors is going too.

Sorry about that grammer

B
Big3d
Have a great time, we'd like to see any pics you take.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Big3d said:
Have a great time, we'd like to see any pics you take.

Ok Big3d here ya go. I left Monday morning at 10 and arrived at 3 PM. Some people don't mind driving for that long and I'm not one of them. Got to the spot I was going to meet my friend and waited an hour. I could see and hear the river from the turn out and said what the hey. So I grabbed my rod and reel with the chatter bait and hit the river. I was just above Harper Creek at the boat launch, right at the end of the guard rail. Doesn't look like anything would be there but you have to look. Anyway fished for about 45 min. and caught a dozen fish at the bottom of a little rapid there. Went back to my rig and waited till 5pm. There is a camp there but not good for a tent trailer, so I headed to a spot I knew and dropped my trailer and went to see if Terry had showed. He was there.

We Got camp set up and ate. About 7 I hit the river again and used the chatter bait. Caught fish till dark. The next morning I got up at Daylight and fished till 9:30, and the bite was off. Made breakfast and took a little nap. Us old people do that. Got up and grabbed my rod and reel with the Wacky worm (Thank you Fishwhisperer) and fished the deep pool below the rapids. Around 2 PM. Fish after fish and much bigger than fishing with the chatter bait.

This morning hit it again at daylight. I lost the chatter bait and went to the wacky. Caught a couple of nice fish right away, but the chatter works best in the morning and evening. A Wacky or a Texas Rig works better during the heat of the day. I left my Fly Rod home and shouldn't have, they were taking Flies too.

So here you go Big3d, here are your Pictures. Oh By the way feel asleep before the Perseid shower got going good. Old people need their rest

• sc11.jpg
  • sc12.jpg
  • Servicecrk.jpg
  • wackybig.jpg
  • wacky12.jpg
EOBOY
EOBOY
Oh, I forgot to send the destruction some Basshole did too a tree in this camp site. People are so; I don't know what and I couldn't say it here anyway.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Good stuff, I look forward to trying out that river one day... hopefully soon.