Headed there in June...any advice?

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I'm heading to Diamond Lake in June and I know it's a ways away but what's a good way to catch em there? I'll be in a boat so I'm guessing trolling? Any tips would be helpful since I've never been there before. But I'm going with my grandfather and he's fished it before.

E
eat, sleep, fish
SiletzTroutKiller said:
I'm heading to Diamond Lake in June and I know it's a ways away but what's a good way to catch em there? I'll be in a boat so I'm guessing trolling? Any tips would be helpful since I've never been there before. But I'm going with my grandfather and he's fished it before.

Trolling, still fishing with dough baits or night crawlers, or fly fishing are all usually killer techniques. One will generally be out performing the others, but they'll all get you into plenty of fish if they're on the bite.

D
durantmatt
If you're fly fishing, a size 12 black or brown beaded wet fly, sinking line and leader, make short casts and have it sink to the bottom, then bring it up, 4 inches at a time, and stop for 5 seconds or so, then continue the ascent. Lots of light bites, so keep the tension tight to feel those bites.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Got some last october trolling a thomas buoyant spoon over by the pizza parlor. Bobber and night crawlers will produce too, powerbait on the bottom does well too.

H
Hawk
Try trolling a gold little cleo.

T
Tacomasteelheader
If your fishing "stationary" like with power bait just go where the clusters of boats are or the big north river type boats they all have fish finders and are usually on the nicer fish, so i snuggle right up to them and anchor up.

Troutski
Troutski
Hawk said:
Try trolling a gold little cleo.

Oh my you do know your lures.... I second this....

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Troutski said:
Oh my you do know your lures.... I second this....

Chuck

I third it!

Also...toss bait into holes in the weed beds, where there is a sandy bottom. Or, toss flies across the tops of those weed beds...or both if you have a two rod license!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Thanks for all the advise guys I hope to out fish my grandfather and I'll surely post a report and pics when I get back