Headed out to the Crooked on Thanksgiving for a few hours any takers?

S

spmpdr

im thinking about doing some fishing thanksgiving morning around 9-? , anyone one want to go?

B

bigsteel

oh man your lucky,,,i would love to be on the crooked right now,,,ill be over there the first of the year though.

S

spmpdr

im sorry to report that i caught nothing, not even a hit or anything i did snag some small rainbows on a double nymph setup. I dont think im doing this right.i mean fishing a dry fly and nymphing. Maybe next time.

B

bigsteel

ill be headin that way the first of the year,,we can meet up and ill show ya how to fish the dropper rig

G

GraphiteZen

It's a pattern. Also called a scud. I grew up in Prineville and at the time the scud population in the reservoir was huge. They flowed out into the river and that was the go-to nymph.

As for a dry, the Royal Coachman is a good pattern. Stick to attractors as there are not many hatches this time of the year, if any.

brandon4455

brandon4455

It's a pattern. Also called a scud. I grew up in Prineville and at the time the scud population in the reservoir was huge. They flowed out into the river and that was the go-to nymph.

As for a dry, the Royal Coachman is a good pattern. Stick to attractors as there are not many hatches this time of the year, if any.

oh yeah. ive heard of scuds.. ive heard they are real popular back east?