Headed for the Siuslaw in the morning....

D
Damon79
I am headed to the Slaw in the morning with a buddy for an early attempt for winter steel. Anybody got any words of encouragement from the Slaw lately? It is still a coupel weeks early but we have had a lot of water the past several weeks and the possiblities are great that there is some fish up river. Tight lines and good luck to all..

T
Thuggin4Life
Good luck and fish low! Give us an update when you get back....

D
Damon79
we are headed for Whitaker. There is too much water for me to fish low.. The flow is still over 7' and that is too much to fish below Linslaw to the Swing'in bridge.. Should be some fish up there, but if not, oh well it will still be better than sitting at home.

T
Thuggin4Life
Ahah, never fish the river from a boat so have no idea what you are up against. probably more fish in the system lower than higher but if you do it right could probably get one anywhere right now. just hit it hard. Good luck man! if you get board just go up whitaker cr and watch the spawners just dont let your dog neer the water or you will regret it.

E
ehm
looking forward to your sit rep.

D
Damon79
Well all in all we had a great day on the river today. There was three of us in the boat, and each one of us hooked and lost one fish. We feel that for the first weekend in December, hooking up with three fish is outstanding. Not real sure how we managed to lose three out of three but we did. Got to watch a Bobcat sitting on some rocks for about 1/2 an hour. That wa as cool. Only one other boat on the river all day, and one guy on the bank. Could not have asked for a better day. Well, it would have been nice to bring home some fish. Good luck to all and tight lines

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like you guys had a blast!

C
CoastieFlo
Which stretch did u float? Up near Whitteaker?

P
plumb2fish
;)There are no fish in the Siuslaw.....lol

H
hawgslayer
I bank fished the Whitaker stretch as well on Saturday. Had plans of being there at daylight, but I can thank a rough night out for getting me there at 8:45. Fished it for 3 hours ( had to be home for the duck game ) with only one swing and a miss. Water had a touch of color to it, but there are definitely fish up there.

J
JeannaJigs
Goooooood to know :)

Now that I've got 4 wheel drive, I don't have to worry about that evil boat "ramp" if you can call it that, at wildcat, so will be over there more this year, that was the main thing keeping me further north last year, the alsea has great concrete boat ramps that don't require the 4x4. Really wish they would improve that take out though.