Hayes boat launch on south fork of Coquille closed

F
fish fear the willy
Just found out today that the hayes boat launch on the south fork of the coquille river is closed due to lack of funding from the ODFW. And their is only one launch above their but you have to shoot the falls and it is vary unforgiving and i don't care to beat up my 6000 dollar drift boat just to fish that section of river it sucks big time.Lets hope the re open it soon and maybe they will stop allowing motor's to that would be great and it would give those fish a fighting chance.:mad:

B
beaverfan
Sucks they closed it down but how is stopping the use of motors gonna give the fish a fighting chance?

B
BobbiDollPDX
beaverfan said:
Sucks they closed it down but how is stopping the use of motors gonna give the fish a fighting chance?

They can swim faster than he can row?

F
fish fear the willy
it stops people from running the same section of river a ton of times they call them a drift boat for a reason plus it sucks when you are fishing and some dill hole motors right through the middle of the hole you are fishing and they are just not something i like to see or here when im steelhead fishing

D
deejay
Hayes was trying to regulate the use of motors there last year year but nobody seemed to give a care maybe this will get some peoples attention and fix this problem. Heres an idea any boat with a guide sticker should be oulawed from having motors on any river

C
crusty old fisherman
I thought hayes closed that down because of all the noise from mtors a few yrs back. did he reopen it then close it again?

Crusty

F
fish fear the willy
crusty old fisherman said:
I thought hayes closed that down because of all the noise from mtors a few yrs back. did he reopen it then close it again?

Crusty

ya he did for a few years and then he must have got tired of it all and closed it again and who knows how long this time.