Hayden got his limit!

D
Dbaum
Well today we went to MHCC pond and my son Hayden slammed his limit of bows in less than two hours! He did a great job fighting his fish and even managed a 13 incher...(not bad for early stockers) the rest were right at 10-11 inches...we started right off getting bites as soon as the first bait was in the water and I could have got my limit as well but we figured five was enough for now...better to leave some in there for others.

What worked? There were about ten others that I saw fishing and no body was doing any catching so I told a couple of them that we were using chart. Power Nuggets off the bottom with about a foot and a half leader (slide weight or split shots) and as we were packing up they hooked up! I had a great time watching Hayden pull those five fish in and it was a great morning to fish! DB:D

• Fish 2011 003.jpg
  • Fish 2011 004.jpg
  • Fish 2011 001.jpg
  • Fish 2011 002.jpg
Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Way to go Hayden!!!! :D

N
nwkiller
way to go hayden, and nice job dad!!

W
waco
Good job!!! sounds like fun!!! and good for you sharing whats working to get fish!!!

T
tnffishman
Dbaum said:
Well today we went to MHCC pond and my son Hayden slammed his limit of bows in less than two hours! He did a great job fighting his fish and even managed a 13 incher...(not back for early stockers) the rest were right at 10-11 inches...we started right off getting bites as soon as the first bait was in the water and I could have got my limit as well but we figured five was enough for now...better to leave some in there for others.

What worked? There were about ten others that I saw fishing and no body was doing any catching so I told a couple of them that we were using chart. Power Nuggets off the bottom with about a foot and a half leader (slide weight or split shots) and as we were packing up they hooked up! I had a great time watching Hayden pull those five fish in and it was a great morning to fish! DB:D

I saw u guys down there, I was the kid in the yellow Oregon sweatshirt. I go to MHCC and after class I always head down there and talk to the anglers. I headed over to salish and few guys were hookin up with 16-18 inchers but no dice for me, the bite went DEAD about 15 mins after I got there

D
Dbaum
:cool: man, I go to MHCC as well...we might do Salish on Sunday or go back to MHCC...I promised Hayden that he could have another crack at 'em before I do some more Steel fishing next week (and go to school)...did you notice where the action was at Salish? Was Salish busy? Thanks for the info!

DB

F
FishFiddle
Now that is PRICELESS!! Thanks for the photos.

F
Finneus Polebender
That is what its truly all about great day dad!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
Y
youngbuck307
I am who I am today because my dad did that kind of thing with me and got a rod in my hand as a young age as well.... Didn't fish for years really till one day a girlfriends dad took me salmon fishing been down hill from then... Think when u put the bug in them at a young age like that they have it for the rest of there life. Even if it takes a while to show.

M
metalfisher76
'Think when u put the bug in them at a young age like that they have it for the rest of there life. Even if it takes a while to show. '

TRUE!

Nice job dad!!!

M
Moe
well, I was gonna hit up meldrum for some springers but I guess i will just fish there with my lil bro. Maybe stop for some catch n release sturg on the way home. Great job BTW!

M
Moe
I can't seem to find that pond on google maps, can you point me in the right direction?

troutdude
troutdude
WOOT WOOT...dats my favorite mathematical equation right there:

Dad + Son(s) + Fish = WINNERS!!!

BTW...Chartreuse was THE color to use everywhere I trout fished last year. Moral of the story, always carry multiple colors...but DON'T forget the chartreuse!

T
tnffishman
Dbaum said:
:cool: man, I go to MHCC as well...we might do Salish on Sunday or go back to MHCC...I promised Hayden that he could have another crack at 'em before I do some more Steel fishing next week (and go to school)...did you notice where the action was at Salish? Was Salish busy? Thanks for the info!

DB

Everyone was hittin em around the dock area at salish, and the other side over there. PowerEggs were the ticket there as well, and I havn't re-stocked my trout gear for too long

D
Dbaum
Hey Moe,

The Pond it located off Kane...depends on where you are coming from but if you jump on Stark and take it all the way to MHCC, take a right on Kane...than you just turn into the last gate and parking for the pond is in the back parking lot next to Kane (there is a light there at the entrance) good luck.

DB.

M
Moe
Dbaum said:
Hey Moe,

The Pond it located off Kane...depends on where you are coming from but if you jump on Stark and take it all the way to MHCC, take a right on Kane...than you just turn into the last gate and parking for the pond is in the back parking lot next to Kane (there is a light there at the entrance) good luck.

DB.

thanks I will be out there on sunday. Look for the teen in a beavers sweatshirt if you go.

S
Santiam338
Great job Hayden:clap:

S
Santiam338
Great job Hayden:clap:

brandon4455
brandon4455
looks like the little guy knows what hes doing! nice fish :clap: