Hayden Bridge is hoppin'!

E
everett464
Got into a whole bunch of fish just before and then after sunset tonight, just below the bridge. Landed four 8-12" cuthroat, and caught a beut' of a rainbow just as it was getting dark: had to be 15".

They were biting a #10 sparkly caddis stimulator dry-fly, with blended chartreuse and copper dubbing. Every time I thought about switching my fly, I got another strike.

Just a friendly warning: It's all catch and release, all year long, under the bridge, so make sure you aren't using worms, and squash your barbs down before casting. Right as I was getting there, I saw a guy in waders with a fly rod getting a ticket for something. I can only imagine it was barbs, because I didn't see any fish.

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like a blast! yeah no bait below the bridge thats why when we met we we just above it at the top of the hole even though it would have been nice to be a bit lower. there is a spot below the bridge on the other side that is always littered with bait. I didn't no that you had to go barbless for c&r but makes sense. have you tried to fish at harvest lane?

E
everett464
What/where is Harvest Lane?

Yeah, they will get you for not squishing your barbs down in C&R rivers. It makes sense, but I forget sometimes. I get to excited when the fish are biting.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
right next door to my house lol. its one hayden bridge road. its the street that runs n and s across from paige elementary school. at the light that is covered up right now. just follow the road(think its called harvest lane) all the way to the river the part that runs e and w has trails before you make it to the ramp that also go to the river and a cool bmx track. the name of the ramp is actually called something else.

E
everett464
looks good. I'll have to give it a shot.

R
rippin fish lips
thuggin! it looks like we live really close to eachother... And those bms track/ jumps are fun! i helped build them and jump them to. they have been there for the last10 years and keep getting bigger! also some good cutty fishin there to.

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
nice report,,,,i can't wait to get down and fish the mckenzie hard