Have you ever..

GraphiteZen
Fallen on your a**bone so hard you literally went blind for 5 minutes?!?! Man I did this morning and did it ever slow me down!! I'm the type that has to stand right back up if I ever fall down and hurt myself which was dumb because being blind and so light headed I damn near broke my neck falling off the side of my truck. Unbelievable. Once I was able to see and walk again I slowly made my way into the kitchen where I took 4 Advil and finished loading my boat up. But I was literally blind. One more fall like that and I'm gonna need one of those Life-Line necklaces. "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up."

Get on the road and realize I need to register my boat for the invasive species and nobody opens until 10. BAH!! Not a good morning.

Last edited:
Troutier Bassier
Seems like Everyone has been getting bad luck these days... Good thing your ok.. :)

OnTheFly
Hey Bo, Don't mess around with it. Get it x-rayed right away. (Gee-Nah?:think: Seriously, when I was a teenager I came down a snow hill on a toboggin with three other dudes on a hard pack snow run and hit a bump and went airborn. Anyhoot, I came down hard on my tailbone and thought I was gunna die! But when you're that age you just shake it off and continue on. Now later in life with lower back pain and many chiropractors later, I am paying the price. After viewing x-rays, two chiropractors from two different times asked me if I remembered ever injuring myself earlier in life because of a vertibre displacement above my tailbone. Get it checked out man.

Last edited:
Fishydog
What he said, I fell down a flight of stairs when I was a kid and compressed my tail bone and it hurt for a year. Never went blind though, I have thrown up from pain. You better have that checked out, even if there's nothing "pressing" things like that have a way of coming back to haunt you, especially when you get old.

GraphiteZen
Well I think it screwed my vision up partly because it just totally destroyed my nervous system and also from the pain. You know how it is you take it in just the right spot and your body just kinda goes goofy on you. When my dad was a kid he reared back to punch his brother and whacked his funny bone on the corner of the TV so hard he just passed out and fell over forward onto his face which of course my uncle thought was awesome. I'm good now, pretty sore though but I have hurt my back before and I'm fine. I hope hehe..

OnTheFly
You've got nothing to loose. Go get it checked out. Maybe Jeanna could set you up for an X-Ray. Might even get it done for free! She had so little to do the other day she was X-Raying random stuff.

Troutier Bassier
You should go get your a$$ bone X-Rayed by Jeanna.
But seriously go get it checked out. Even if it feels fine.

JeannaJigs
Troutier Bassier said:
You should go get your a$$ bone X-Rayed by Jeanna.

Lol.
Seriously though, get it x-rayed. There's not much that can be done for a tailbone fracture, but you want to make sure there's no disc displacement in the lumbosacral spine, which can cause major problems down the road. You likely lost vision from the intense pain and like you mentioned, neurological involvement from the contusion. Our bodies do wierd things when in hardcore pain like that. I'd x-ray it for ya for free but I have doctors working today and they'd frown on that.

nwkiller
once at mt bach. i was hitting a huge hit (28' gap) and under comitted and slammed my tailbone so hard i really thought i S^&t my self couldnt move my legs were numb, i thought i really did damage...after laying in the snow for over an hour my friends made me get up (hypothermia bad) and wobble down the hill, by the time i got to the car i couldnt even bend over....and had to literley force myself to sit down in the car ......never went blind but damn that sucked

OnTheFly
JeannaJigs said:
Lol.
Seriously though, get it x-rayed. There's not much that can be done for a tailbone fracture, but you want to make sure there's no disc displacement in the lumbosacral spine, which can cause major problems down the road. You likely lost vision from the intense pain and like you mentioned, neurological involvement from the contusion. Our bodies do wierd things when in hardcore pain. I'd x-ray it for ya for free but I have doctors working today and they'd frown on that.

Things I go through after loosing a large fish.

metalfisher76
OnTheFly said:
Things I go through after loosing a large fish.

Now THAT`S funny!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom