Has the bloom gone?

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
has hills creek cleared up yet?

T
TTFishon
It said it has in either yesterday's or today's Register Guard.

N
novicewila
i was up there fishing last weekend and the water looked great. Fishing was slow but the area was beautiful.

Troutski
Troutski
Great news...

Great news...

novicewila said:
i was up there fishing last weekend and the water looked great. Fishing was slow but the area was beautiful.

That is great news.....Fall fishing for Large Mouths in this lake is amazing to say the least...now I won't worry about plugging up my Merc...Thanks for the info....:dance::dance:

Chuck

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
thanks for that,hope to go up that way this weekend and do some skunkslaying.

W
womanwhofishes
um ya dear...

um ya dear...

ya like that happens..
bring the camera my darling.
find us a place to camp..in the rain..
any one else camping up there?
this wkend? Look for us! we be the ones with a huge tarp...tents, you know the standard camping equipment lol (doesn't everyone have a 20x36 tarp?) and OFF stickers in the windows..:dance:
sSs and wwf:pray:

B
bobbn
Hills Creek fishing.

Hills Creek fishing.

I went fishing at HC yesterday. I trolled for 3.5 hrs, fm 8:30 - 12:00 without a bite. I threw everything I had at them: lures and flies but no strikes. The water was in great shape, no algae, and high. I put in at the bridge and fished south under the bridge then north along the bank then zig zaging across the lake. I went from 10' of water to 50'. I used lead core, mono, and class 4 sinking fly line. I got down too low and lost a lure. I fished at all depths. The sun came out about 10AM so I switched from silver to gold blades but no luck. There were very few boats on the water and none of them caught fish. So what is the secret to HC? I know there are fish, big fish in there but where are they and how do you catch them?

Troutski
Troutski
First names...

First names...

bobbn said:
I went fishing at HC yesterday. I trolled for 3.5 hrs, fm 8:30 - 12:00 without a bite. I threw everything I had at them: lures and flies but no strikes. The water was in great shape, no algae, and high. I put in at the bridge and fished south under the bridge then north along the bank then zig zaging across the lake. I went from 10' of water to 50'. I used lead core, mono, and class 4 sinking fly line. I got down too low and lost a lure. I fished at all depths. The sun came out about 10AM so I switched from silver to gold blades but no luck. There were very few boats on the water and none of them caught fish. So what is the secret to HC? I know there are fish, big fish in there but where are they and how do you catch them?

One must know the fish by first names...;) It is a very difficult lake to be successful without some guidance. It took years to learn some of the ins and outs of this lake. What type fish are you targeting?

Chuck

B
bobbn
HC fishing

HC fishing

Hi Chuch:

I was fishing for trout. It's been two years since I've caught a fish in HC. Any suggestions?
Bobbn

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
one big advantage is to use a magic carpet.
was up there all weekend and didn't get a nibble,fished with everything i had,nada.
even tried in a hole at the back end ,could see the fish jumping even beside my float,
and still could not get a bite.and the water level has dropped 10-15 feet since i was last there.