Has anyone gone crayfishing yet this season?

C
Crabbin503
Just wondered if anyone has attempted to go crayfishing yet this season? If so, how'd you do?

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Not yet, it is still a little early for me. The middle of June is about the earliest I typically go.

M
mustardthetrout
It usually takes warmer water for them to move into the shallows and become active. With the terrible winter much of the state had it'll still be a little while.

EOBOY
EOBOY
After fly fishing Sat. on the Mac. with no luck my son and I went back with spin rigs on sunday. After feeding the pellet babies for a couple of hours he noticed crawdads in the water at our feet (about 4 or 5 feet of water) He pulled about 10 out with his rod........:D They were nice and full of meat.

D
dcarbonari
Where do you go crayfishing I bought a trap last year but I've never used it :-/

EOBOY
EOBOY
dcarbonari;n604633 said:
Where do you go crayfishing I bought a trap last year but I've never used it :-/

Just about every river or creek has crawdads in them. Find a rocky area in shallow water or deeper if your in a boat or on a toon. Lots of people just wade in a rocky area and turn over rocks to find them.

C
Crabbin503
TheKnigit;n604616 said:
Not yet, it is still a little early for me. The middle of June is about the earliest I typically go.

I'm not sure its gonna be good enough by mid June. The night temps still a little bit to low (at least sometimes).

B
Bike 'N' Fish
I live right down the road from the tualatin river. I have put a trap in quite a few times and caught a grand total of 14 so far this season. Most of them were really good eating, 2 were a bit on the small side. I use left over bait from my coast trips (jetty fishing with herring or such) and let the bait sit in the back of my truck a day or two until I can smell it. Then I load the trap and let it soak about 24 hours. Seems to work like a charm!

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
4th of july I met the family on the East Fork of the Coquille and we caught 300 of the little suckers for a BBQ dinner that night.

• photo31563.jpg