Has anyone ever had a pet with glaucoma

T

TTFishon

My vet thinks my dog might have glaucoma. I'm curious if anyone here has had a pet with glaucoma and what I should expect if in fact my dog has glaucoma?:(

J

JeannaJigs

My lab when I was a kid had glaucoma. I don't remember what all was involved with the treatment, as I was probably 6 or 7 at the time, but I remember she always had to have eye drops twice a day, and eventually went blind...and then went kinda crazy trying to kill things that got close to her because she couldn't see.... :(

J

JeannaJigs

I should add that it was a slow progression and she didn't have much problem with the vision loss until she was pretty advanced in age for a large lab, about 9 or so.

J

JeannaJigs

Really?! I guess I only saw her once, but she definitely didn't seem to be that old.

Kinda like my brother's dog though, she's a dalmation mix and is soooo hyperactive, we got her as a puppy and she's never calmed down, and because of her coloration she has no gray, but she's almost 15. You would think she's about 5 if you saw her. She's got no health problems of any kind, jumps all over the place, runs full speed ahead...my dog that's 8 tires before she does when you throw them a ball. I guess certain breeds just age differently.

Troutski

Troutski

Bummer ...

Bummer ...

Bummer, it sucks when your pet get sick. Hopefully it turns out to be something else....:pray:

Chuck

Top Bottom