Has anyone been up to Olallie lately?

L
lcsodiver
Hi we are heading up to Olallie on the 18th, was wondering how the mosquitoes have been? Hoping it'll be late enough in the season that most will have died off..... and that the huckleberrys are ripe! Also planning to bank fish some, I'll have flys and spinning setups, hoping not to have to resort to bait. :)

Thanks, Bob

L
lilsalmon
I am so jealous! i haven't been up there in quite some time. good luck and let us know how you do.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Don't forget the camera! I gotta get back up there, too!

Chromatose
Chromatose
DEET until the first good frost..........................Have a Blast!

L
lcsodiver
Yeah I'm pretreating all our clothes with permithrin this weekend, and have deet and coils/citronella for the campsite...... hopefully there won't be any forest fire closures..... my parents are hiking the PCT and we are taking their resupply box up there to them..... so a couple of days of fishing and fighting the mosquitoes. I'll be sure to bring back photos :)

E
eggs
I have been up several times this year.. and going tomorrow... skeeterz were not bad at all.. the first few weeks they were thick... but lately it hasn't been bad at all.. if it sucks tomorrow I will let ya know..

F
furflinger
Was up there last week/mid week. SkeetOhs- are not bad- but you never know- fishing was fair on the fly- late evening seem to do better for me. Good luck & RipSome lips-

L
lcsodiver
Almost no mosquiteos lots of yellow jackets though.... weather was nice 74 high and 52 lows. light breese during the day. Caught one 12 inch rainbow from the bank on berkley green power eggs, fished 36 inches off the bottom with a sliding egg sinker. I only fished for about an hour or so later in the day around 5pm.

DSC01832.jpg
DSC01852.jpg
DSC01921.jpg