Harriett Lake Trout

S
Sidedrifter
Never fished it and will be heading up later in the week. I was wondering about some bait and lure trolling set-ups that have been working. Don't get trout fishing much and want to get good action as I will have my boys along.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum,Sidedrifter. :) Hope to hear from you often.
I haven't been to Harriet for a few years. But I seem to remember that it is a calm,serene,quiet little lake of about 20-25 acres. I don't know if it is deep enough for much of a boat. But a small one should do well. We used power bait and worms with fair success. Great to hear the youngsters are going with you. :clap: Have a great time.
Barb

S
Sidedrifter
Yeah I've been up there before during hunting season and it was a pretty lake. I've heard it was deep toward the lower end and it held good sized trout. Figured it would be an easy lake for a driftboat.

I will take the standard lake trolls and spinners but what would I need for the brooks and browns up there?

O
osmosis
A driftboat would work in there fine.
using small gear is what has done well for us. and slowly dragging nymphs.

Never hooked any of the pigs I hear live in there though. #1 spinners work well on sunny days.

for bait worms, pautske's, and powerbait

J
JTLunker
Don't fish Harriet till they have confirmed that it is stocked, as the road as of last friday was still under a couple feet of snow. The PGE access is open but due to the main road being closed they aren't stocking the lake. But with the weather today I am sure it melted a little.

S
Sidedrifter
I went up on Saturday. Fished for a couple hours and didn't see or hear of any fish caught. A couple guys I talked to said that they didn't think it had been stocked. The road was 100% clear.

So after fishing for a couple hours and not seeing anything we loaded the boat and went to Silverton Res. and caught 15 in short order. Saw a lot more caught, too. Way better fishing but Harriet sure is pretty.

That's my report.

C
chiefwishram
Chiefwishram

Chiefwishram

Sidedrifter said:
Never fished it and will be heading up later in the week. I was wondering about some bait and lure trolling set-ups that have been working. Don't get trout fishing much and want to get good action as I will have my boys along.

It's all good.! I've seen mostly Power bait, some spinners and fly fishing.
Comment; Last year, I here'd PGE was going too take over management of Lake again.? Any truth to that, I tried to
reserving favorite camping spot, no-luck, anybody no-anything.?

PS; This is my first time on this BLOG, looking forward to great time out there. O&O

Last edited:
T
troutmagic
New to the forum with questions :)

New to the forum with questions :)

Hey all....I'm new here and the site looks great!
Has anyone been up to Harriet lately? I was just wanting to know if there is still snow up there? Is the road open to Timothy from there? I'm trying to plan a camping trip for next week and need as much info as I can get.
Thanks, Tim

T
trollin4trout
No snow at Harriet- the road is open all the way to Timothy- there is hardly any snow at Timothy.

T
troutmagic
Excellent! Thanks a lot for the info!:D