Happy Valentines Day to me!!

A

autofisher

So with the recent move from a smaller apartment, to a larger house with a backyard, I've been wanting to get a BB-Q. I've been bugging my wife for about a week and a half, and she's been telling me to put it off until we got bills and what not taken care of. :( So a couple of days ago, I paid off her car and told her Happy Valentines Day. I figured between the new house and the car being paid off, it was my time to strike. I asked her to go to Lowe's with me to help me get some lights and other things we needed.:lol: Guess what was right in front of us as we walked in? That's right. BB-Q's. We walked around and eyed a couple ( I had been looking at them this entire time both online and in the stores, so I knew what I wanted). I showed her the one that I wanted above and beyond all the rest. A double grill with charcoal and gass, as well as a side box that you could add for smoking. :dance: I mean, who could want or ask for anything more?:think: We talked about a few things and I started doing math in my head ( math I had already worked out on paper 30 times, that way I looked smarter with my quick answer:D ), I came to the conclusion that it would just be way out of my price range by the time everything was said and done :rolleyes: (insert wah-wah-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah sound here). However, I also came to the conclusion that if I got the charcoal grill, the side smoker box, the cover, all the utensils, lump charcoal, applewood chips, and the steaks for dinner all came out to be cheaper than the initial cost of the other grill. :dance: So with my best orphan begging for food face, I looked at my wife, and asked her if I could get it. :pray: ...............................SHE SAID YES!!!:shock: I'm proud to say that dinner last night was amazing. I can't wait to try the smoker out on some steel or springer. ;)

A

autofisher

It was a little bit of business, drama, and debate. Guess it was a good thing I paid attention in those classes.

She had absolutely no complaints while she was eating the steak. She even kissed me, and said "Happy Valentines Day, I'm glad we got this" :shock: Seriously though, she's awesome for lettin me have it. Now if I could just talk to her about a new Tv...........................

O

OnTheFly

If given the choice between a new fly rod or a new B-BQ I'd have to think about it.:think: Both are essential in life.:lol: Glad your wife was understanding. That's true love right there! Besides, she'll appreciate the benefits as the meat continues to fly OFF of it.:dance:

B

bigsteel

way to go bro,,,,sounds like you got a great wife there....
ps you can grill up three 12oz steaks and a salmon and ship em over here...:lol:

F

FishFinger

Holy flavored wood chips Auto, that mean just one thing...............

You best open your day planner and check the tide charts for Astoria,and ad between 4-6 hrs to the high tide, cause the Springers are move and the Double Lu has a seat open just for you!

Presently I can't openly share the secret spots , as I promised my guide buddy I would not. But I can take you there. So consider this a invitation to properly soil your new cooking implement with the best meat w/ fins!

I heard tell of a 50lber taken near the mouth of the Lewis already. That's not where we'd go, rather it's conformation that good and big things are making thier way in.

A

autofisher

I will gladly accept that invitation anyday. You let me know and I'll be there. My goal this year is to catch enough fish that the paint burns off from over use. I just won't share that last part with the wife.

She really is awesome. We just got back from the store and she went to town on spices, and even let me get some big juicy steaks to cook on it too.

H

halibuthitman

I saw 3 fish boated just today.... I will be making my first REAL attempt of the year tommorow.... wildlife officer told me he has checked 11 chinook in the last 3 days..... so I guess its on:clap:

A

autofisher

Fluffy and I will be hittin the water tomorrow. We haven't figured out where we want to go yet, but we're thinkin the Sandy or somewhere up there. Any suggestions?

A

autofisher

So it wasn't smoked steelhead or salmon, but it was absolutely the best BB-Q ribs I have ever made. This new grill is a monster. I think my wife is regretting allowing me to get it. I think it's because I asked her if I could move it up into the bedroom and cuddle with it. I love the thing. I'd cook on it every day if she'd let me.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Head for Dallas...Oregon that is.

Head for Dallas...Oregon that is.

Hey,you can load that purdy new monster up and bring it to Dallas! :clap: I promise to let you cook us dinner on it every night! :D

T

troutmasta

Hey,you can load that purdy new monster up and bring it to Dallas! :clap: I promise to let you cook us dinner on it every night! :D

I'll come cook for you I'm THE rib MASTER (as well as trout)...... Did I mention I was raised on BBQ in West Texas. Make a mean Brisket toooo:D

O

OnTheFly

So it wasn't smoked steelhead or salmon, but it was absolutely the best BB-Q ribs I have ever made. This new grill is a monster. I think my wife is regretting allowing me to get it. I think it's because I asked her if I could move it up into the bedroom and cuddle with it. I love the thing. I'd cook on it every day if she'd let me.

That's just frikkin Awesome!

O

OnTheFly

I think I'd bring some BB-Q'd ribs over to your mom Auto, don't forget she has a Cyber Zapper!:shock::D

A

autofisher

I think I'd bring some BB-Q'd ribs over to your mom Auto, don't forget she has a Cyber Zapper!:shock::D

Actually, my wife and I were just discussing the next thing we wanted to cook on it. We were thinking about a nice tri tip, unless I have some fresh fish to throw on it. I need to look on craigslist and find some wood for the smoker. I think this could be my next obsession.

L

lizardman

I need to look on craigslist and find some wood for the smoker.

If you're real nice I might let you hack away at a dead cherry tree in my back yard to get some wood for the smoker.... I cut the limbs into wafers and soak them for an hour or so and then put them in a tin box over the flame in my BBQ sometimes.

Dave

Top Bottom