Handy tool for kayak fishermen

S
Snagglehook
Just came across this neat tool for anyone using traditional paddles when kayak fishing.

assault_paddle.jpg

I've often found myself fishing with my lure just where I want it, but my kayak is drifting off course and needs adjusting. I'd hate to put my rod down, but I can't handle a 7ft paddle one-handed either. A simple hand paddle would have been perfect in those situations.

The shape of this paddle lends itself to be used for hooking on or shoving off whatever you want as well. I bet in a pinch, it can sing a nice fish lullaby too. :D

Here's a video.

C_Run
C_Run
Yes. I have one like that but a different brand. You can bonk a fish with it indeed.

P
pinstriper
I just got an outback and am keeping the paddle with me but there are times when a one handed tool to help spin or back up while drifting would come in handy.

Plus bonking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I like the mini-paddle idea, basically an over-sized ping-pong paddle, heard they have been given out at boat shows in the past...

I use the T-handle end on half of my Hobie paddle and keep that 3' paddle stored in a manner that lets me grab it quickly with one hand. If I need to use both hands to maneuver then I drop the rod into one of the rod holders...

I only carry the full length double ended paddle when I am going into the ocean.

bass
bass
A friend of mine carried a cheap ping pong paddle. I have a telescoping paddle that is similar to what you show when it is closed. However, I have found that after trying multiple approaches I have found that I prefer fishing with my paddle laying across my lap (when in a situation where I need to constantly micro-adjust). I get much better control and it does not really get in the way..