Halibut on a kayak?

DOKF

DOKF

I am impressed by the kayakers out there chasing sturgeon. I've never caught one myself, and can only imagine the rush of being pulled like a water ski by some prehistoric beast.

I have, however, caught some big halibut fishing the Straits of Juan de Fuca in a 19' boat. Those barn doors were incredible, and incredibly dangerous to pull aboard. They are known to trash a deck and any bipedals in the way.

So I was intrigued when I came across this news story ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...ht-by-kayak-angler-in-alaska/vi-AAREXl0?pfr=1
In a kayak? And he brings it aboard? Are you kidding me?

jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
That's impressive and looks like a great time. Halibut is one species I've never caught. Tried to go out multiple times and conditions haven't been good every time.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Incredible, that really took some patience. We have landed our share, but they were brought aboard with a gaff. Even then they put up a show on deck. Thanks for sharing the video.

DOKF

DOKF

One needs a serious boat for halibut. Not sure a kayak is it ...

Ballsy though.

DOKF

DOKF

Still ballsy! A very experienced kayaker judging from some of his other videos posted to OFF.

GaryP1958

GaryP1958

In SoCal December is a good month for Cali Halibut to spawn I bet Coos has some people should target them!

Top Bottom