Hail call to Kodiak

S

Swamp Puppy

Sorry about the crappy quality of the pics..the call looks much better in person. lol. Had to use my cell camera as my digi SLR is on the fritz at the moment.

African Blackwood with flamed Hedge (bois d'arc / osage orage) laminated. Poly double reed timber insert.

Call.png

still on the lathe..

Lathe.png

Got a straight cocobolo blank drilled up for ya..plan on turning that out tomorrow. i got my tacklemaker last night so i have been toying around with that. lol.

Last edited:
S

Swamp Puppy

Thanks t-dude. it's a looker...and a sweet talker. if it had legs, it would prolly be illegal. lol.

T

the_intimidator03

swamp.... Those are beautiful. If i can manage to get things ship shape for myself i need to get back into waterfowl hunting. I just refinished a recurve that id like to try to tag a duck or two with LOL need another shotgun tho

S

Swamp Puppy

lol...i just remembered a show where tred barta (love him or hate him) was duck hunting with a bow...it actually looks like a hoot. i know a "spot" where birds get in nice and close...in your face shooting. be a good place to give it a go. look me up come fall if you want to tag along. you will, of course, have to wear a blind fold on the ride out and back, leave all types of navigational aids at home, sign a non compete clause, go through a rigorous and humiliating all night initiation process and most importantly, bring the beer... ;)

S

Swamp Puppy

heck...i make a fool of myself with a shotgun. lol.

T

the_intimidator03

i think i shall do just fine.... now to come up with a gun.. and you would be the only beer drinker lol

C

cookshot

Good looking call. I've always wanted to get into making them. It's pretty tough to touch a call that looks like that and sounds good for under $100. How does it sound?

S

Swamp Puppy

Good looking call. I've always wanted to get into making them. It's pretty tough to touch a call that looks like that and sounds good for under $100. How does it sound?

sounds great. it's a soft to medium range call that i use for talking ducks in from 50 yards until they're feet down in the dekes. you won't get a loud screaming sound from it...but then, i have never heard a duck scream anyway. lol. It is easy to blow and has the sexiest little feed chuckle and 3 note greets you have ever heard. at the very least, ducks seem to really like it. not sure what a stage judge would think about it.

i might have a sound clip around somewhere..i'll see if i can get it uploaded online.

C

cookshot

That would be great, i have to get some kind of duck fix til the season starts!

S

Swamp Puppy

i can't get the soundfile off of my phone and onto a computer in any sort of usable form. PM coming your way.

S

Swamp Puppy

here is the Cocobolo call...again, crappy cell phone pics. Both of these calls look sooooooo much better than these pics portray.

536007959_1894885828_0.png

536007756_1894885020_0.png

Top Bottom