Hagg tomorrow

305to503fishermen

I am thinking of fishing Hagg tomorrow and I am curious if the bite is going to be turned off because of all the rain.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

troutdude

Welcome to OFF.

Yes; the bite takes a downturn. When a cold weather front hits. While you still may get a bite or two...I'd suggest waiting for a day or two. To let them adjust.

troutdude

You're welcome. Good luck when you do hit it. There were a couple of dozen brooders released last week. Might not put up much of a fight; nor be any good to eat (all spawned out). But there's plenty of other fish too. Which will all be trying to fatten up before Winter really sets in.

Hard to tell now who is new; and who isn't.

305to503fishermen

I have not hooked up to a brood yet but that is sad to hear that they don’t fight well or make good table fair.

ohhh well maybe I will catch my first steelhead this year.

troutdude

Yeah I just don't get the fascination with newly stocked brooders. On the other hand--and after a harsh winter of fending for themselves--they will turn into naturalized fish. They will have had to re-learn how to fight for their own food, which will also be their first natural food too. Then turn into silver bullets in the spring and early summer. When they will be called "holdovers"; and put up a good battle and taste much better.

troutdude

Indeed. You might find my earlier story intriguing...

Top Bottom