Hagg tomorrow morning

TimberTodd

I'm taking the kayak out tomorrow morning. If anyone is out there give a yell, I will be the guy paddling the camo Nucanoe. I figure I will put in at C and work my way around Scoggins then Tanner,

TimberTodd

No Title

I arrived at ramp C and was on the water by 6:30 this morning. The grass along the bank at the ramp was so inviting I decided to toss some soft plastics for a few minutes. I was ignored so I broke out the plug rod and on the 4th cast I hooked up! Unfortunately it was my other rod and it sailed 6' out in front:yikes:. Thank goodness for treble hooks, they held on:). At this point I had exited the kayak and entered the clown car. The mess to both rods required complete re-rigging. After getting everything retied I took off to my first intended destination. After casting plastics again I went to switch rods and this time tangled the dropshot setup around the plug. Still setting in the clown car I once again had to retie everything. I then stowed the plug rod out of harms way. I wacky rigged a senko and within a couple of casts it was finally fish on. The next cast and again fish on. The fist was a largemouth at 12", the second was a smallie that went 14". At this point it was 8:30 and the wind was kicking enough to drag my 3lb anchor. I worked my way into the Tanner arm, but struck out. Wasn't there a song that went "MOMMA SAID THERED BE DAYS LIKE THIS". So other than a bruised fishing ego, a few missed takes and 2 fish that's todays report. It was still a nice time on the water. My plan tomorrow is to hit Cullaby in the morning. Hopefully the wind stays down till the afternoon.

Attachments

troutdude

Ha ha ha. Maybe not the best of days; but we've all had days like that one. I'm glad that your clown car reservations, were only temporary.

Shall we say a little prayer; before tomorrow?