Hagg Reports?

F
fishgood
Anybody been out? Water temp?

Also has anybody heard anything new on the dam project out there?

Thanks!

F
Fishtopher
Pal o' mine limited in 45 minutes day before, using of all things, a small Flat Fish(super secret colours of course). Claims to have caught two pretty big, what he called hold overs. Good luck.

G
GDBrown
Where was he fishing and was he in a boat or bank fishing?

F
fishgood
Knew I should have went on wednesday, only a few weeks of good fishing left. After the first of September the fishing out there is no good!;)

F
FishSchooler
fishgood said:
Knew I should have went on wednesday, only a few weeks of good fishing left. After the first of September the fishing out there is no good!;)

Unless that was sarcastic... you got it the other way around. ;)

F
fishgood
No doubt, its a shame that lake is not open year round

F
FishSchooler
fishgood said:
No doubt, its a shame that lake is not open year round

If it was open year round you'd have trouble going up the hill in the winter, and there would be barely any big fish!

F
Fishtopher
....theres not just stocker trout in there....and its only inaccessable for maybe a few days outta the year. If that.

Reactions: fishgood and Pita
W
wormosa
when does hagg close for the year?

F
fishgood
Think it will close down about mid to the end of November. Growing up I have been up above that lake during the winter, not really that bad of a drive. I could understand if they closed the park areas down since the county does maintain them, but why close all the lake to fishing??

New study doubles estimated cost of raising dam at Hagg Lake – OregonLive.com

Found this, looks like the dam project will be put on hold, or maybe even done away with..

W
wormosa
ty for the info, do you do good when you troll? i want to go there on monday, last 4 times there i have not done well, we have not trolled a lot so we are curious is all....

P
Phillip Neidhart
Where are you fishing?

Where are you fishing?

fishgood said:

The best fishing of the year is from Sept until they close the lake. But you stay home and I will catch your share!

Reactions: Pita
F
fishgood
Phillip Neidhart said:
The best fishing of the year is from Sept until they close the lake. But you stay home and I will catch your share!

I suspect you will, I've seen you in your drift boat fishing with 2 to 3 rods at the same time. Hmmm! Wonder if that betters your chances of a limit?

What do you use in the fall/early winter, Gill Nets?

F
FishSchooler
Fishing with more than 1 rod per angler is illegal!

W
wormosa
ok we went t hagg odyand we were trolling with trolling units and spinners with pb on them, we did not get a bite nothing, but other boats were catching them all around us, what gives? then we talked to someone and they were telling us they caught 26 fish ( bass,catfish,perch,bluegill)
so we went to that area and the wife caught 3 bass
( not keepers)... i caught jack sh*t lol so grumpy about hagg anymore

A
Anyfishisfine
fishgood said:
I suspect you will, I've seen you in your drift boat fishing with 2 to 3 rods at the same time. Hmmm! Wonder if that betters your chances of a limit?

What do you use in the fall/early winter, Gill Nets?

If you see something like that report it to the proper authorities.

Coming here and making baseless accusations/slandering a member isn't how it's done.

18406ej
18406ej
Thank you, AnyFish. I was hoping that post would die off, but you said what needed to be said.