Hagg Lake

A

andronicus83

Went fishing on Saturday. Beautiful day. Some people caught their limit. Some caught just a few small ones. We caught a few small ones. I caught two, the lady caught none :( Both were caught on salmon egg flavored powerbait. None of our other flavors (corn, patriotic, chartause, mixed with salmon eggs, trout lunker lotion dipped) seemed to be working.

One of the guys near us caught his limit with green and orange power eggs. We would tear a green one in half and tear an orange one in half and put them on the hook that way. His buddy, sitting two feet from him using normal powerbait didn't catch a single fish...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

michaelkim9582

nice fish. is this the 2nd ramp? and I noticed you live in beaverton, so if your in for some good fishing, you should most definatly check out commonwealth lake. caught my limit in 45min. some caught some nice 20inchers!

A

andronicus83

This is over to the right of boat ramp c. When you turn down that road it splits left and right. Left goes to the boat ramp, right goes to a nice party, bbq area. I believe later in summer when the water level drops this is where a lot of people swim. Been there two of the last three weeks and it seems like most people (other than us) catch their limit. We don't really have a limit cause we don't keep any. Just have fun catching them.

By the way neither of these are actaully nice fish. Just a trick of the camera. Putting the fish as far in front of my body as possible to fool you. Ha ha. Look how big my fist is holding that fish. Big as my head!

Anyway, where is this commonwealth lake?

F

FishSchooler

I was going to say that that hand is like its on steroids... :lol: I thought that was what was going on.

M

michaelkim9582

its by NIKE headquarters, if you know where that is. Check out the commonwealth lake thread.

B

bdogdt47

Will give Hagg a try this Friday

Will give Hagg a try this Friday

Well, all of you have given me the bug to fish Hagg Lake again. I just got my Livingston Boat back in shape, after two years of parking it. I normally troll with mini Ford Fenders (gold/silver) with a silver wedding ring and green or red beads. Tip the wedding ring hook with a worm dipped in trout attractant. We will see if it works on Friday. I have heard that the lake is colder than normal and not as clear. Sometimes that does not bode well for trolling. I will post a report over the weekend. Anybody see any bass caught? I thought if I limited out (wishfull thinking), I might throw some plastics around the dam area. Wish me luck.

F

FishSchooler

It was supa clear last time I was there! Like, 10+ feet of visibility (no polarized sunglasses) clear! I bet you could see at least 15 with P glasses

T

trollin4trout

It was supa clear last time I was there! Like, 10+ feet of visibility (no polarized sunglasses) clear! I bet you could see at least 15 with P glasses

Now that's good news - thanks FS. I have other lakes I have to fish right now- but one day I'll get back out there. Clear water is a very good thing!

Jim

T

trollin4trout

Well, all of you have given me the bug to fish Hagg Lake again. I just got my Livingston Boat back in shape, after two years of parking it. I normally troll with mini Ford Fenders (gold/silver) with a silver wedding ring and green or red beads. Tip the wedding ring hook with a worm dipped in trout attractant. QUOTE]

You can catch fish just as easily by ditching all that extra bling and use just the wedding ring and bait. Then you won't have to drag that big pile of metal blades around with such a big pole and you'll get a whole lot more fight out of the fish!

That's how I do it anyway.

Jim

F

FishSchooler

But last time was 2 weeks ago. With rain now, the water might be a little less clear. It was very high last time too.