Hagg Lake, Wednesday 6.3

D
daveV
Got out on Hagg today from 10-4 and really got into them good. I have been spending a lot of time up there the past 3 months and have started to really find some good areas that have been producing more and more as the water/weather has warmed up.

Started out throwing plastics which have been producing well for me up there lately with little show for it for the first hour or so on the water today. Switched it up to topwater and that ended up being the ticket. Finished the day with about 15 fish in the boat including a few chunky LM's in the 3-4lb range.

Weather was cloudy with on and off light misty rain and little to no wind. Water temp was 67-70 degrees. Can't wait to get back up there and keep learning the lake.

Few photos below of today's fish.

256s221.jpg
2v0lsth.jpg
el6v7t.jpg

Reactions: bass
P
pinstriper
I thought Hagg was one of those one-Bass-per-day limits. Which makes it mainly C&R for Bass.

Maybe I misread. Reading the regs is like doing your own taxes.

D
daveV
pinstriper said:
I thought Hagg was one of those one-Bass-per-day limits. Which makes it mainly C&R for Bass.

Maybe I misread. Reading the regs is like doing your own taxes.

I am C&R 100% of the time always. The "15 Fish in the Boat" comment was referring to the fish that I landed in the actual boat today. Meaning I handled them etc. Did miss a bunch on blowups and had a few come un-buttoned.

Admin
Admin
WOW! That's only that I can say...

P
pinstriper
daveV said:
I am C&R 100% of the time always. The "15 Fish in the Boat" comment was referring to the fish that I landed in the actual boat today. Meaning I handled them etc. Did miss a bunch on blowups and had a few come un-buttoned.

Ah, yes that's what confused me.

bass
bass
Good job! Looks like you got some nice largemouth and smallmouth! Would you say that the fish are completely done with the spawn now?

D
daveV
bass said:
Good job! Looks like you got some nice largemouth and smallmouth! Would you say that the fish are completely done with the spawn now?

I am not really sure. I just moved out here from the East Coast and have only been fishing the lake for a few months so not really sure the usual timing/hot spots around the spawn. From where I was fishing I didn't see any occupied beds and water temps up around 70 now so assuming most of the spawn is finished at this point.

bass
bass
Thanks. Where were you from on the East coast? I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and went to graduate school at North Carolina State University.

H
Hawk
These are reel beauties...Well done.....:):thumb: