Hagg Lake trout derby

W
wormosa
anybody know when the trout derby is this year, i believe it is sponsored by bi-mart.... any help would be great, i looked on the net but am having problems finding it....

troutdude
troutdude
derby?

derby?

Hi Worm,

I'd like to find out when it is too...I've not been to Hagg (yet). But a derby would be fun, especially if it helps raise dollars for a "worthy cause".

And if there are any other trout derbies in western Orygone...please let me know when, where, etc.

Thanks much,

TD

T
Throbbit _Shane
Theres gonna be a trout derbry at Diamond lake in may i believe

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the derby info Shane!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
January 24??

January 24??

Can this be right??? Found a little,one-liner on Google saying Jan.24,2010 for the tournament at Hagg. Don't quote me on that though.

troutdude
troutdude
Hmmm...derby today?

Hmmm...derby today?

Hi R.C.,

Thank you.

I wonder if that Google liner was a misprint, as Hagg doesn't even open until March? Maybe it's June 24th?

I see that the 2008 derby was in May.

I've just emailed 3 different places. Hopefully we'll find out for sure real soon.

Thanks again for your reply.

Tight lines,

TD

W
wormosa
i will call the lake stop market tomorrow and ask them if they have any idea when it is and i will post it tomorrow..:pray:

troutdude
troutdude
u da man

u da man

u da man mr. worm!

we should drown some...er...um...worms together sometime!

TD

troutdude
troutdude
Hagg Derby needs a major business sponsor to happen!

Hagg Derby needs a major business sponsor to happen!

Everyone,

I just got in touch with the GM, at KUIK radio. They have sponsored the Hagg Lake Derby in the past. But, if they don't find a major sponsor soon--it WON'T happen this year!

If you know of any companies that would want to sponsor a fishing derby...please contact KUIK AM in Hillsboro .

Many thanks,

TD

W
wormosa
sportsman warehouse used to do it as well, hey dude thanks for the info, i been so busy today, i have not had time to call lakestop store, we should go and drown some worms, i will not start to fish until march 6th ( hagg opening) and then it is every week-end ( sunday and monday) for me, then come april or may springer fishing on the willy

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
hagg fishing

hagg fishing

your welcome worm. I just want to see a Derby happen!

I'm planning to fish Hagg on March 6th also. It'll be my first trip to Hagg. Will you be banking it, or boating? I'd love to hear some tips on fishing in Hagg.

I typically try a black and / or green woolly bugger fly n' float, or drop it down some. I also try Kastmaster's, Doc Shelton/Ford fenders w/ standard wedding ring n' worm (or green n' black wedding ring). And, I'll still fish with floating Power Eggs n' crawler on the bottom.

Any other ideas / tricks gladly accepted!

BCNU,

TD

G
grampa ron
Juction City Pond Derby

Juction City Pond Derby

There is an anual derby at the JC Pond, probly sometime in mid April.

troutdude
troutdude
TY

TY

Thanks for the JC tip ron!

W
wormosa
i fish from my boat, never fished from the bank....

L
lilsalmon
grampa ron said:
There is an anual derby at the JC Pond, probly sometime in mid April.

I will be in on that one hopefully...that should be interesting

W
wormosa
any other of my fellow OFF'rs brothers and sisters going to be at hagg on opening?

Y
yakker2
:yay:

Y
yakker2
fish around boat launches firstif you want planters.troll top water in boats.use powerbait off the bottom on the bank.

troutdude
troutdude
Just got the word, there WILL be a Trout Derby @ Hagg for disabled kids:

The 20th Annual
Fishing Derby & Family Picnic

Sponsored by
Multnomah County
Corrections Deputies
Charitable Trust
Dedicated to Sick, Physically
And Developmentally Challenged Kids

Fishing from Boats, Motorcycle rides.
Barbecue picnic lunch with all the trimmings
This event is for the whole family – Moms, Dads,
Sisters, Brothers, and Grandparents.
Come and have a great time!

When: Saturday, June 19, 2010 Time: From 10am to 4pm
Place: Henry Hagg Lake, Scoggins Valley Park
Group Area “C”
[See below for Directions]
Open to all children with disabilities in Oregon & S.W. WASHINGTON

For more information, contact:
Don Bryant, President (360) 513-8201
Directions from Portland
Take Highway 26 (Sunset Highway) west to the Hillsboro exit at Cornell Road, and follow the road signs to downtown Hillsboro. Cornell Road will curve through the countryside, taking you pass the Hillsboro Airport and Washington County Fairgrounds, and then change into 10th Avenue.
At the intersection of Highway 8 (Tualatin Valley Highway) and 10th Avenue, turn west (right) onto Highway 8 (Tualatin Valley Highway), and go west to the east end of the City of Forest Grove. You will pass through the City of Hillsboro, City of Cornelius, and arrive at the east end of the City of Forest Grove, where Highway 47 meets Highway 8. You will see a major intersection, complete with signage directing you to Henry Hagg Lake (look for a large Ace Hardware store on the left).
Take Highway 47 (south) towards the City of Gaston for approximately 5.9 miles, until you arrive at the intersection of Highway 47 and Scoggins Valley Road. There will be a flashing yellow light. Turn right on Scoggins Valley Road, and head west for approximately one and a half miles. You will pass the Lake Stop Store, Stimson's Lumber Mill, and finally arrive at the Park Entrance Fee Booth. Note: You do not need to pay a fee. Let them know you’re there for the fishing derby.
Head up the hill past the entrance booth and take the first left onto West Shore Drive. This road will take you over the dam. Continue on along the lake and stop at the Area “C” Picnic Area.

Y
yakker2
wonder if they are going to release any trout. last stocking for hagg till fall is june 7th.