Hagg lake, 26 April 2015

troutdude
troutdude
Man; just wait until one of youse guyz reels in a new state record (over 8 pounds)!!! I'm thinkin' that one of you will do it!

M
montym
The other day my wife pointed out that inspite of a bag full of different things, the couple of tiny bass I ever got both came on worms. Taking the day of this Friday and trying for bass at Hagg.

B
Berg03
bass said:
Thanks for the tips! Those are some awesome bass!!! I have never seen a smallmouth over 5lbs - I thought they were a myth :) Great pics from this weekend as well.

We will have to meet up one of these days for sure. I think next time out I will try a Carolina rig. It is hard to fish weightless from the kayak since it is moving. A carolina rig gives you that weightless presentation on the bait but is easier to control from a moving boat. If I can't get bit on the Carolina rig I will definitely go completely weightless.

Ya i use my weightless on my pontoon boat too. I just keep more slack in my line and watch for the bite instead of feeling it. I have a harder time feeling or seeing the bite with the weight on the carolina rig. Cuz sometimes they will just nibble and it and not take off with it. But thats just me. I lost a pretty nice bass today, i'd guess it was around 4-5lbs but not to sure as it was in the water.

B
Berg03
montym said:
The other day my wife pointed out that inspite of a bag full of different things, the couple of tiny bass I ever got both came on worms. Taking the day of this Friday and trying for bass at Hagg.

When im after big bass with nightcrawlers i will use the entire thing dont cut it in half. Also try drop shotting a nightcrawler, just watch out for those pesky bluegil stealing your bait.

bass
bass
Berg03 said:
Ya i use my weightless on my pontoon boat too. I just keep more slack in my line and watch for the bite instead of feeling it. I have a harder time feeling or seeing the bite with the weight on the carolina rig. Cuz sometimes they will just nibble and it and not take off with it. But thats just me. I lost a pretty nice bass today, i'd guess it was around 4-5lbs but not to sure as it was in the water.

I just have not been working as hard at fishing as I used to. You are inspiring to step up my game!

Bummer about losing the big fish, that always leaves an ache in my heart.

Were you in your toon on Sunday or have you been banking it?

B
Berg03
bass said:
I just have not been working as hard at fishing as I used to. You are inspiring to step up my game!

Bummer about losing the big fish, that always leaves an ache in my heart.

Were you in your toon on Sunday or have you been banking it?

On Sunday i was with my uncle on the bank, we worked a few spots but i saw you outside of boat ramp C in the evening.