Hagg bank fishing map!

B
beaverfan
I was bored so I threw this together real quick this morning. The basic point is to get out and explore more! I always hear reports where people just hang out at boat ramp c but didn't have much luck. Get out and explore! There are way better spots at Hagg than any of the boat ramps, the dam or that huge pullout the bankies flock to near the dam. Feel free to add any spot you may have!

Hagg Bank Fishing Spots!!!!!! - Google Maps

C
chris61182
I'd also add a marker near spot 9, at the point around the other side of the small cover. There's a nice partial saddle shaped drop-off there where the cove's shallows meet the creek arm drop-off.

B
beaverfan
chris61182 said:
I'd also add a marker near spot 9, at the point around the other side of the small cover. There's a nice partial saddle shaped drop-off there where the cove's shallows meet the creek arm drop-off.

Thanks for the input! So check out "Spot 11" and see if I put it in the right spot.

C
chris61182
I might bump it into the cove about 15yrds but that's the general area. If anyone goes out there in November the drop-off line is usually fairly easy to spot, and full of fish.

B
beaverfan
Done

D
Dweller
Thanks for this! I have been pouring over your Wilson River map for a while now and found it to be very helpful.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to beaverfan again.

oh well, I tried. consider this a virtual +1 to your rep ;)

H
Hendo30
This is awsome, I was actually spending some time searching through the thereads and the Interweb for fish tips for Hagg and Bank fisghing out there. Thsi is very helpful and appriciated.

Thanks again..

K
Kage
wow great map, my gf and i are considering fishing there when we have time so this'll help out w/ finding a good spot. much appreciated, i went there on monday for the first time w/ a friend on his boat. had a great time, lots of bites but just about every fish i had slipped off the hook for some reason. caught 2 out of the 10 we hauled in that day but still a great day out.

K
Kage
sweet, quite useful thanx again for the info. i've been a bit busy so i haven't had much time to check out the whole site yet.

S
Subacca
Really like these maps. I know some people don't like to give away fishing spots and I understand but I work in technology and have more of a hacker mentality meaning keep all information open and available rather than oppress it for better or for worse. Added spot 12. Looks a bit different from above like that but I believe that is the spot with the picnic bench in the trees that I like to go to.

Reactions: beaverfan
B
beaverfan
Good I'm glad you guys find it useful!

D
Dweller
Could a mod make this a sticky? I think it would be a shame to have it buried a few pages deep like it was when I went looking for it this afternoon.

troutdude
troutdude
Glad to help. Welcome to OFF.

I just bought some lures on eBay, that I hope to try trolling on Hagg this fall.

PhoFish
PhoFish
New to area - do you just park at one area and walk or are there different public access points? Thank you!

P
pinstriper
PhoFish said:
New to area - do you just park at one area and walk or are there different public access points? Thank you!

Yes.

A
Anotherdude
PhoFish said:
You can, but it's a BIG lake.

bass
bass
As you drive around the lake you will see pull off spots here and there. Some are fairly small and some a big public areas with picnic tables. There is a path that is around the entire lake (I think it is on the road for parts of it). If you want to explore multiple spots then I would recommend parking at a place and checking out a few spots and then packing up and driving to another if need be.

Best of luck!

drzhf9
drzhf9
The spot 9 and 11 also good for bank anglers such on the trail loop?