Had to give up.

plumbertom
plumbertom
I've tried several chest waders trying to find something workable but, my girth just isn't suited to them.
If I get them large enough to cover my ass and belly I have way too much leg ans stocking foot left over.
So I bought some hip boots. I'm almost afraid to try them on. I'm concerned that my fat legs may be too large for them.

Aervax
Aervax
Go out and buy yourself some thigh high "Irrigation Boots". They do not cost a lot. They are about the same height as hip waders, only the legging openings are bigger to allow a guy to walk around and work without them binding. They are also usually made from thinner material, which might stretch better in areas that are tight fitting. I bet you will find their fit is more forgiving.

F
FishOn420
Have you considered maybe trying to get them tailored to your build? That could work. Couldn't imagine it would be to difficult.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
As long as it covers the plumber crack we will be ok!

B
bigboy70
Gary I had the same problem too much torso. One size split the boys but fit my legs well, the other fit my torso and too much leg. I have found having to much has been a good thing no fabric isn't tight so I haven't gotten the wear most do. If your serious and know you gonna fish for years to come definitely look into a custom order

F
fish4life
Some offer stout sizes so instead of going up a size and getting too long of legs. I had a pair of medium stout waders that fit me really well. the mediums were too tight but the large fit my waist well but had too much legs. I think the pair I had were Hodgeman, looking at the cabelas website they have some of theirs in stout. hope this helps.

W
wozniasm
I bought Dryft brand (S14 - stout) and am loving them.
With a Long torso and short legs, these fit me better than any others I've tried.
Got the stout size. The OFFer seven different sizes.
Now I have a gut but not too much of one and these fit wonderfully.

Presently out of stock but expected to have some this week.
Oh, and they come from Washington! Buy local!

http://dryftfishing.com/product-category/waders/

S
Seahawkfan
plumbertom
plumbertom
Aervax said:
Go out and buy yourself some thigh high "Irrigation Boots". They do not cost a lot. They are about the same height as hip waders, only the legging openings are bigger to allow a guy to walk around and work without them binding. They are also usually made from thinner material, which might stretch better in areas that are tight fitting. I bet you will find their fit is more forgiving.
I'll look into that. Don't know where to find them though. Maybe a farm implement dealer? I'll start by looking online.

plumbertom
plumbertom
FishOn420 said:
Have you considered maybe trying to get them tailored to your build? That could work. Couldn't imagine it would be to difficult.
That would be a good idea if I had money to spend. I've been looking at breathable waders on sale for less than $100. Only reason I have that to spend is cause my sister sent it for a Bday present.
No doubt if money wasn't a problem I could find what I need.

plumbertom
plumbertom
GaryP1958 said:
As long as it covers the plumber crack we will be ok!
LOL. I been a plumber for a lot of years. But I never let the moon out. I always wore a shirt I could keep tucked and wore a belt plus suspenders.

plumbertom
plumbertom
bigboy70 said:
Gary I had the same problem too much torso. One size split the boys but fit my legs well, the other fit my torso and too much leg. I have found having to much has been a good thing no fabric isn't tight so I haven't gotten the wear most do. If your serious and know you gonna fish for years to come definitely look into a custom order
I'm 63 and in less than the best health. I ain't even sure I be fishing next year.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Thanks for the suggestions, Guys.
I really have to stick to the sale items though.
I'd not really mind the extra leg on the ones that were big enough, I could always buy some patch kit stuff and sort of tape/glue them to work. The problem was way too much stocking. that would never have worked.

plumbertom
plumbertom
I tried on the Allen hip boots I got at Bi-Mart for $35.
They seem to be a fair fit if a little leggy.
For the time being, I'll make do.

C
cabinetguy
Have a pair of allens and only problem I have is slipping my feet into the socks, barefooted or with socks on. So what's the trick? Thinking maybe big womans knee high nylons or a barrel of talcum powder.Shoe size says 11 to 12.5 and my hind paws are 10.5.