Had to check out the hype=2

H
halibuthitman
So with lots of rumors of springers and big runs I headed out of Rainier this morning at the crack of dawn.... and who would have guessed......
7;40 a.m
18 lbs
k-14 wrapped with sardine
10-17 foot edge behind a well known wing dam
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::cool:

A
autofisher
One of these days, I'm gonna have to go with you when you go to check out the hype. Nice fish man. Way to go man.

J
jeffcycles
That must have been a bunch of fun pulling that fish in! Nice job on the early springer!

Were you using a sideplaner? I'm interested in knowing how you rigged the kwikfish assuming that you were on the bank that is....

B
beaverfan
Sweet, way to go! I think I'm gonna give er a shot on Thursday.

H
halibuthitman
jeffcycles said:
That must have been a bunch of fun pulling that fish in! Nice job on the early springer!

Were you using a sideplaner? I'm interested in knowing how you rigged the kwikfish assuming that you were on the bank that is....

I was back-bouncing from a boat. with a 36" dropper

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish man. can't wait for them to make it this way.

J
jeffcycles
halibuthitman said:
I was back-bouncing from a boat. with a 36" dropper

Hmm. Think I could pull that off in my canoe? :shock:

H
halibuthitman
jeffcycles said:
Hmm. Think I could pull that off in my canoe? :shock:

not on the main columbia:(

S
Specialed
halibuthitman said:
So with lots of rumors of springers and big runs I headed out of Rainier this morning at the crack of dawn.... and who would have guessed......
7;40 a.m
18 lbs
Dude-you're killing me, nice fish. I've been doing my homework and can't wait to give it a try!

F
Fishtopher
:clap:Check you out!:clap: Still looking for my February Springer...maybe this year!:D

S
Specialed
halibuthitman said:
7;40 a.m
18 lbs
I'm needing to pick up some k-14's. If I was to get 2 or 3, what colors would you suggest?
Thanks, Ed

H
halibuthitman
Specialed said:
I'm needing to pick up some k-14's. If I was to get 2 or 3, what colors would you suggest?
Thanks, Ed

I really like the green-chrome-yellow tigerstriped with the touch of orange under the first hook... I can go out and look and get the actual name of that model. But I have come to rely very much on the chrome and green combo for any king salmon Im chasing. The fish today was just dumb luck.... even a blind squirrel, occasionally finds a nut!:rolleyes:

S
SNDSLGR
Nice fish! That old saying... "any color as long as its green"

double trouble
fickle pickle
the grinch

There are the color names of 3 proven nook killers.. good place to start.

F
fishwithdynamite
Dumb luck or not, its springer for dinner. Beautiful fish.

F
Fishtopher
Hey I thought you were only fishin' spoons for a month or something crazy like that!!;)

H
halibuthitman
Fishtopher said:
Hey I thought you were only fishin' spoons for a month or something crazy like that!!;)
aaah, yes... for steel, but the nooks were callin my name.;)

B
bigsteel
way to go halibuthitman,,,,,,fill the cooler he says:clap::clap:

C
Cohosanders
:clap: Good job halibut.It is all about checking the hype!!!! I have never caught a springer so I am definitely STOKED for this return. Way to follow your instincts.

K
Kodiak
So nice to see some chrome without a pink stripe! Nice job !

O
osmosis
Nice football!