Guy teaches how to floss in northwest waters

brandon4455
brandon4455
look at this punk a$$ teaching how to floss at estacada dam .. id like to get this one removed from youtube.. this pisses me off. YouTube - Salmon Fishing and The Truth just look at the way he sets the hook... thats rediculous and he TEACHES people to do so he even says the word floss what an idiot this guy could get arrested for that right?

Last edited:
F
FishFinger
That is unfortunate but, flossing has been covered a zillion times here. It boils down to; if it's hooked inside the mouth it's "fair" if it's outside the mouth it's snagging. Until a regulation on leader lengths is established 5' leaders and flossing are going to happen.

F
Fishtopher
"It's in the mouth!!!"

M
metalfisher76
Fishtopher said:
"It's in the mouth!!!"

F@^!!! I was just gonna say that!:lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
HA i always hear people say that when im on the salmon river, thats when you can tell they foul hook a lot of fish. laugh when the guy next to me keeps hookin em in the tail and im banking and releasing those 20+ pound nooks and he gives me the dirtiest look ever :lol:

B
bigsteel
there ya have it a corky and bare hook,,what an ethical fishermen,,,i gues whatever it takes to get a fish

brandon4455
brandon4455
i wish there was a group of us there when he did that, his rod would have been where the so dont shine!!! :lol:

T
tnffishman
I saw a lot of this the three times I went to a similar hole on the same river this season. Why people risk their fishing privelages for a dark nook I dunno. You could put an honest days worth of fishing in and land just as many as this yayhoo

brandon4455
brandon4455
exactly but..he's a lazy jerk and dosent want to really lear how to fish

A
Anyfishisfine
Fishtopher said:
"It's in the mouth!!!"

Poor kid is never going to live that down.

D
Drew9870
Flossing - Helping Salmon fight cavities.

So people are saying if you catch a Salmon with a corky, you automatically flossed it? I thought it was possible for Corkies to look like eggs, which is why I only purchase Orange and Red varieties, either way, the point is to kill those damn hatchery fish and get them on the smoker (not condoning here, lol). From what I have seen, anyone educated in flossing isn't going to risk not getting ''strikes'' just to try other methods, so anyone who confronts them might as well try to beat a rock to life.

When I do use corkies, I rarely use more than 30 inches of leader, I like to be able to feel the strike if they actually choose to strike it.

And rest assured I am not a flosser, every Salmon I have caught (that was edible) has been on Spinners or Plugs.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
drew, you are correct egg colors are the way to go in flowing river and matching yarn aloing with the corkie. ive had violent takes from both chinook and coho while my rod was sittin on a pole holder (stick) atleast 10 fish in the past 4 years have pretty much swallowed my corkie in tidewater and river. iand you see that coho in my avatar? there was a orange corky with a 2/0 hook in its stomach theres no doubt you can corkie fish without flossing. both fish pics on my profile hooked themselves in the back of the throat one was early in the morning and i was tired and about to doze off and this coho in my avatar was while i was tryin to eat lunch. by the way typo on my album the chome fish was 2008

Last edited:
F
fish4life
The guy is an Idiot the deep hole strait across from where he was fishing I caught 32 springers one year averaging 30 minutes fishing time per fish, fishing bobbers and eggs. But remember salmon dont bite so I must have flossed that golf ball size cluster down their throats to where on some fish I couldnt even see my 5/0 gamakatsu, Yeh hes right hes got it all figured out just go talk to a biologist.

C
capblack
he should change his name from freefishinglessons to freeflossinglessons. what a d*$k. he tries to justify it in the replies, saying everyone is flossing that fishes corkies, or yarn and corkies. why is he using 5 ft of leader then? damn snaggers. happy birthday dumba$$!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
hey brian want to jump him if we find him on the river? :lol:

C
capblack
i think i would just leave in disghust, but thats why i dont fish up there, or the south santiam. i like the north because its quiet, and the fisherfolk are respectful for the most part.

brandon4455
brandon4455
ill agree with ya on that one, we use to camp on the south and i dint really like it. and in 2010 we went to the north and i landed my firsts steelie (a little summer) and there was only one other person fishing awesome place.

Y
youngbuck307
Sucks he is trying to teach that as a way of fishing... I floss fish now and then but when u put ur gear in flowing water right infront of a fish it going to happen just one of them thing...

F
fishingfreak
I went there for an evening bite last season and a pack of 6 to 8 people piled on the bank on the opposite side of us. I think it was that guy and his crew. The 4 anglers next to me stated here they come back for more. I did not know what they were talking about until they asked me to watch there gear for a few minutes. At this time we were having our traditional family reunion and the park was packed. They actually called a guy that was working the dam. Hey came out with a loud speaker, sounded the siren on the dam and announced on the loud speaker for the whole park to hear that there were poachers near the dam. I had to quit fishing i was laughing so hard. I never seen people take off so fast in my life. They will get caught. I hear they frequent the dams late in Springer season to harvest eggs, give away dark nooks to people on the bank, and to make stupid videos like that. Atleast I caught my 1st Springer that evening on a Bobber, Eggs, and yarn. I had had no clue what I was doing one of the guys I watching the gear for helped me out to catch my 1st one. The locals out there are very nice unless your doing something wrong. I grew up out there and 75% of my family lives out there or in Sandy.

FF

brandon4455
brandon4455
fishingfreak said:
I went there for an evening bite last season and a pack of 6 to 8 people piled on the bank on the opposite side of us. I think it was that guy and his crew. The 4 anglers next to me stated here they come back for more. I did not know what they were talking about until they asked me to watch there gear for a few minutes. At this time we were having our traditional family reunion and the park was packed. They actually called a guy that was working the dam. Hey came out with a loud speaker, sounded the siren on the dam and announced on the loud speaker for the whole park to hear that there were poachers near the dam. I had to quit fishing i was laughing so hard. I never seen people take off so fast in my life. They will get caught. I hear they frequent the dams late in Springer season to harvest eggs, give away dark nooks to people on the bank, and to make stupid videos like that. Atleast I caught my 1st Springer that evening on a Bobber, Eggs, and yarn. I had had no clue what I was doing one of the guys I watching the gear for helped me out to catch my 1st one. The locals out there are very nice unless your doing something wrong. I grew up out there and 75% of my family lives out there or in Sandy.

FF

thats a great story bro, that dumbass will get caught eventually or get his ass beat..because everyone knows what he looks like now LOL!!!

brandon