Guns from my dad/grandfather

Y
youngbuck307
So was lucky enough to go with my dad over to my grandfather house and he gave me 2 guns that were his and my dad used when he was younger. I don't know to much about them beside they have been behind a wall in a case for last 20-30 years.

The first on I know is kinda rare from the lil bit I read online it's a .308 winchester model 100

7eb5ebdb.jpg
bfdc3724.jpg

second is a Winchester model 1400-12g 2 3/4cham. But then just above the trigger on the side of the gun says model 1400 MK II

32f1a0e6.jpg

I will post pics just have to edit them in because I'm on my iPhone

Last edited:
S
SNDSLGR
Good for you, nothing better than handed down guns. I would never sell any of the guns my family has given me, priceless.

side note, I dont mean to sound like a dick but maybe you are unfamiliar with guns..... it is always a good idea to lay guns down with the action facing UP and the barrel away from you. Action up so you KNOW if the action is open or closed.

Be safe, enjoy them.

F
fishtales
Those are some great looking guns. Congrats! I wish more of my family was into colecting and holding onto older guns.

M
metalmania
Sweet dude! one of these days we'll have to get out and sling some lead.

Y
youngbuck307
SNDSLGR said:
Good for you, nothing better than handed down guns. I would never sell any of the guns my family has given me, priceless.

side note, I dont mean to sound like a dick but maybe you are unfamiliar with guns..... it is always a good idea to lay guns down with the action facing UP and the barrel away from you. Action up so you KNOW if the action is open or closed.
Be safe, enjoy them.

action is open she just isn't as pretty on that side so flipped it over for the pic and normaly barrel is way from me but kinda liked the pic and only one way to get it!!! But thanks for the tips. They may be my first guns but was lucky enough to be around them enough to be shown how to make sure ur safe with it...

Ps clip hasn't even gone in the gun in my hands yet! I kinda don't know what to do want to go shot them but want to make sure there clean and all that stuff first I would think.... After sitting for so long what should I do with them guys?

F
fishtales
Well you can always do what they do on Pawn Stars and Chumlee.

At least get it checked out before shooting it.

S
skunk
Nice, they look like they are in fine shape.

F
fishingfreak
youngbuck307 said:
So was lucky enough to go with my dad over to my grandfather house and he gave me 2 guns that were his and my dad used when he was younger. I don't know to much about them beside they have been behind a wall in a case for last 20-30 years.

The first on I know is kinda rare from the lil bit I read online it's a .308 winchester model 100

7eb5ebdb.jpg
bfdc3724.jpg

second is a Winchester model 1400-12g 2 3/4cham. But then just above the trigger on the side of the gun says model 1400 MK II

32f1a0e6.jpg

I will post pics just have to edit them in because I'm on my iPhone

What we could do Brother is take them to my Dads, dissassemble, clean, inspect , reassemble, and shoot them. Let me know when u want to do it and we can go for it. My Dad has a gun range on his back 5 acres. I shoot all my guns there so we can take both arsenals. You will love the AR15. Except when you have to buy the 1000 rds. Hehehehe!

FF

Y
youngbuck307
Just might take u up on that one buddy! Don't think will be still after car gets fixed though...

F
fish4life
sweet, if you decide to go hunting your set. Waterfowl,upland gamebirds, big game

T
Thuggin4Life
You should probably oil them up since they have sat for so long before shooting them.

B
Bad Tuna
Have the Winchester 100 checked by a gunsmith, there was a failure that causes them to fire on their own, even with the safety on.

Y
youngbuck307
Bad tune thanks for the tip. I have only read a a few things on it didn't see anything about that yet... Read it will eather shoot really good or be a one shoot semi auto lol. Shouldn't need more than one anyway right.

Last edited:
J
juggernaut506
Nice firearms! When my grandpa died his wife never gave anyone the stuff they were supposed to get. Including a shotgun that was supposed to be mine. Hopefully my future kids like guns because they're going to have a lot when I check out.

Y
youngbuck307
Sorry to heat that jugger. And I'm sure they will and even if they don't they will have something they know means a lot to u. My dad talked for years about how was only 2 things he wanted from his dad if he passed befor him. On was a golf ball my dad gave my grandpa who hit a hole in one using it on my dads bday. And he wanted me to get the 308. Well he got to see it handed over to me and think he was happer than I was! My dad tried hard in his last 10 years of life to make up for not being there part of mine. Wasn't able to pass along much in material stuff beside the guns. So trust me they just aren't a normal gun for me. Been thinking of getting my dads name engraved into the side of it or something like that and put it in like a show case.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
youngbuck307 said:
Sorry to heat that jugger. And I'm sure they will and even if they don't they will have something they know means a lot to u. My dad talked for years about how was only 2 things he wanted from his dad if he passed befor him. On was a golf ball my dad gave my grandpa who hit a hole in one using it on my dads bday. And he wanted me to get the 308. Well he got to see it handed over to me and think he was happer than I was! My dad tried hard in his last 10 years of life to make up for not being there part of mine. Wasn't able to pass along much in material stuff beside the guns. So trust me they just aren't a normal gun for me. Been thinking of getting my dads name engraved into the side of it or something like that and put it in like a show case.

Before you put it in a case, take it out for a shot man. Or a season! Those guns were meant to be used I'm sure your dad would want at least that. Just make sure the barrels are clear and clean (get cheap cleaning kit or borrow one), oil up the action and and jack it around a bunch to give it a good workout and loosen everything up and take it out for a round.