Berkley gulp worms

B
bigsteel
i was curious do any of you use any of the berkley gulp worms,leeches etc.are they worth using for trout?

J
JSpencer
Bubble Gum. I use the Berkley Gulp Bubble Gum Worms for trout. I know it says bass, but trout seem to love them. I rig them up with about a 2ft lead and a small sliding sinker above the lead, they already float but i put a small corky on the lead as well. This is my bank fishing setup though, i have no clue how well they would work in a lake or pond. All i do is drop it in the current and let the worm work its magic. (it has really neat movement in a current)

B
beaverfan
I've used the Gulp eggs with great success, tried the fake nigthcrawlers and didn't get anything.

B
bigsteel
i got some of the black/red leeches im gonna give em a try..i love the action of the pink worm....

W
wormosa
beaverfan said:
I've used the Gulp eggs with great success, tried the fake nigthcrawlers and didn't get anything.
your right about the fake nightcrawlers, we tried them too and nothing, just a waste of money

T
The Nothing
i couldn't even get catfish infested waters interested in the worms. what a waste

M
Mike123
I found some Gulp Saltwater Pink worms at Joe's a long time ago. They were AMAZING! They had a TON of scent and they slowly broke down and released a biodegradable scent.

Since then all I can find is the plain old Berkley bubblegum worms. :(

B
beaverfan
Dicks should have them, at least the one at Washington Square does.

T
Troutier Bassier
Trout love the red worms. so do bluegill. The maggots are a waste.

J
JHawk
Which Berkley red worms are you guys talking about? THe Power Honey Worms, or the plain Powerbait Trout Worms?

B
bigsteel
i got the gulp red\black leeches...

T
troutmasta
I use Gulp Eggs When I'm at a lake with a ton of people using regular powerbait. The Gulp has a little different sent and seems to attract the fish in the midst of the power bait.

J
JeannaJigs
I'm a fan of the fake corn for trout and kokes...stays on the hook forever. The trout at Smith reservoir hit it the most, usually it slides up the hook and I've used the same piece of corn to catch 8 fish lol.

J
JeannaJigs
Oh and I like the sparkly maggots too...just 'cause they're sparkly. They catch fish too.

F
FishSchooler
Bleh forget the worms get the powereggs :D

H
Hawk
I use Giant PileWorm clones from the imagination of DR. NO...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:cool::cool::cool:

:dance::dance::dance:

j/k...:rolleyes:

G
Green_Tackle
The floating salmon eggs are just as effective--if not more so--than your traditional "powerbait" rig. Especially with stocked fish if that's your cup of tea. Make sure your hook is floating up above the sinker. A small hook is the key.

I've had success with the nightcrawlers under a slip float in deeper water at a Lake in Washington and at Harriet Lake here in Oregon. I also use the bubblegum pink "saltwater" worms (I got 'em at Fisherman's Marine in North Portland) on a jig head under a float for steelhead.