Gulp Alive Worms

F
FishWhenICan
Has anyone tried these? Curiuos on how it would work trolling behind some flashers

18406ej
18406ej
Dear FishWhenICan,

Welcome to OFF. I have not had any luck with these when fishing for trout, but I have had success using them for bass in the Willamette here in Salem. I am sure that you will hear from others that will have had better luck than I.

Welcome again,

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF. Glad to have ya.

Those Gulp! Worms / Nightcrawlers work way better than the real things do! In fact, they are so much better that I don't even buy any real ones anymore.

The Gulp! worms stay on a LOT longer. So, they'll often catch multiple fish...without even re-rigging a new one. I bought a jar about 2 or 3 years ago. And, I still haven't used them all up. So, I have saved a TON of money too (versus buying dozen's of the real mccoys).

I don't know if they float or not. But, they work very well when trolling...either alone...or on a Wedding Ring, etc.

BTW, do you thread them on head first or tail first?

The famous local guide, Buzz Ramsey, threads worms on tail first. He says that a fish will go for the head. So, you need the head on the hook, and the tail up the hook or line. Try this tip, and I'm sure your catch rate will go up.

Best of luck.

D
doublestrike
I have been using them for about 3 years now and use them various ways. 1: To tip lures, small chunks1/2 to 3/4 inch 2: to single hooks on wedding rings, about 1/2 inch chunk with Gulp Maggots, or Gulp Corn. They seem to have more scent disbursement and for longer duration, than live worms. 4: rig them Texas style and troll them whole, or 1/2 to see what the fish are biting on, and then cut them back to 3/4 to 1 inch to catch 'em. And now I will the Buzz Ramsey method too, thanks troutdude.

troutdude
troutdude
U R most welcome DS. Hope that it greatly increases ur catch ratio. I always wondered why I missed a lot of fish strikes. When I read about threading the worms (or Gulp!) on the opposite way...it made a lot sense. The head is bigger and fatter, and it's the way that a fish would strike to kill it's prey too.

BTW, I agree with your other comments and methods too about how to rig up the Gulp! worms.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im gonna have to buy some of these. I like to use the real deal store bought or ones from the yard.