Guided fly trip on the Big D!

M
Mike123
Well I took the free trip with Bigsteel and Lilsalmon and let me tell you I'm glad I did! :dance:
We got there on Friday and fished the evening bite that was unbelievable.. Then Saturday we took the guided float from Maupin to Warm Springs I think it was... HUGE fish rolling everywhere on bugs! The amount of aquatic life is amazing! Fish fish I seen take a salmonfly off the top was no less than 22in! That got my blood pumping! Missed TONS of fish on golden stone and salmonfly dry patterns. We found one honey hole where I clobbered a 20in, a couple 18in, and a few 12-15in.. Dave and Rose also slayed them in this area! The bow's in there are FAT!! They eat well. Our guided was a really cool dude. Dave can add his name if he likes. Grass pollen was killing me and the guided.. that stuff is really bad over there too! We stayed till Sunday afternoon and fished the morning bite, I missed a couple huge bows and caught a couple nice small ones. Dave caught a couple nice smaller guys and a really nice whitefish! Lilsalmon caught some nice ones that I didn't get to take a look at. All in all we all caight some trophy fly fish trout in an amazing place with unbelievable scenery! :):cool:

I also want to say that Bigsteel(Dave) and Lilsalmon(Rose) are some really nice awesome people and very generous to offer me this trip! :clap: Dave spent quite a few bucks for us to all have fun on this trip and so did Rose! Can't thank them enough! Bigsteel can also tie some mean flies if you didn't know already! I'm hooked back to fly fishing now! Seeing those fish rise is something else.

Got some scenery pics and dave and rose got some more with a few fish.. it was really hard to get pics of all the fish since we didn't want to net them and keep them out of the water long.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like you guys(and girls) had a blast!

M
metalfisher76
Noyce!!!!! Cool scenery pics man!

E
eggs
looks like you guys had a good time! good to head you guys had good luck even with the higher flow..

O
OnTheFly
Mike ...that trip must have gotten you pumped up because I've never known you to use large bold fonts!

M
Mike123
OnTheFly said:
Mike ...that trip must have gotten you pumped up because I've never known you to use large bold fonts!

LOL that's why I did it! To show my excitement. ;) No it was a nice change of things from the combat steelhead and salmon fishing over here.

troutdude
troutdude
Happy to see that youse guyz (and lady) had a groovy time on the 'schutes!

N
nwkiller
wow, nice job peeps, those are some awesome looking pics

L
lilsalmon
It was great fishin with you....your excitement was awesome (course we all were pretty pumped). It was all good and Mike is a great guy too......had a good time camping also even though we couldn't have a fire and try out my ginormous marshmellows and..... for now on I bring the pans...hehe :D

Will have to do it again soon

B
bigsteel
WOW what a great trip over there,,,,from warm springs to trout creek was great.......im glad you could come along mike,,,we all had our share of fish and mike with the biggest was great......85 degrees sunburnt and i would do it again in a heartbeat.....heres some more pics...

H
halibuthitman
sounds like a great time! good job!

N
nwkiller
that is a beautiful fish and those scene pics are the bomb, nice job you guys\girls

L
lilsalmon
I took the scenery pics but.....WOW......thats the first I seen of their fish...I was at a different hole catching em with no camera but....WOW....beautiful fish boys.....

B
bigsteel
i think we brought mike to the dark side.

L
lilsalmon
bigsteel said:

Your pretty good at doing that to people....:D

M
Mike123
bigsteel said:

Oh you did for sure! I used to be an obsessed fly fisher... and now I think Im back!!!
Yea those are sweet pics!
Too bad we didn't get pics of the BIG ones! :D
Such gorgious trout...

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:

On the contrary Dave, you showed him the light!

M
metalfisher76
OnTheFly said:
On the contrary Dave, you showed him the light!

Ding!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Wow! :shock: You guys really know how to do it up right! Thanks for all the great pics. Rose,where were you? You have managed to turn most of us green with envy...:lol:...and encourage a bunch to give it a try.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

O
Outdoor_Myers
Wishes to join the dark side for an amazing time like that! I'm glad the weather held up for you guys. They are some nice fish only c&R? I think some of those would have tasted pretty good!