Group buy of spinner blades or bodies?

C
CoastieFlo
Just wondering if anyone was interested in a group buy kinda thing of a large amount of spinner blades or bodies or even hooks......? Thinking of buying some from one of the lure part mfg (Lakeland of Hagens) and if we got a bunch of people together it would sure lower part/per cost for everyone involved.....any ideas??? :think:

M
Modest_Man
Depends on the cost and the size, but I'll say I'm interested. Mostly going for size 4 for steelhead/salmon. Don't need much else.

M
meluvtrout
Why don't you just order from R&B lures or BC Angling? If you order a large quantity, I'm sure they'll give you a discount too...

C
CoastieFlo
Yeah I was thinking wire shafts, size 4 or 5 blades in silver plate or maybe another finish......maybe bearing beads, clevices..........things we can order 1K of that can be split up pretty easy.

F
FunFishClub
I would be down. Pm me and let's chat.

A
Armando Garcia
I have had my eyes on some things in the Hagens catalog mostly inline spinner building stuff blades, bodys, and what not. P.M. me what you had in mind.

O
osmosis
I know BC does bulk order price breaks, and I'm sure R&B would too.

M
Modest_Man
Size 4 or 5 bodies weighing between 9/32 and 3/8 in brass work. Torpedo or snowman or whatever. Then just plain brass size 4 or 5 blades, hopefully in .032 thickness. I can oxidize (definitely) or silver plate my own (hopefully, need to test my contraption out).

If I can't get anyone to go in on an order with I'll just bite the bullet and get 125 of each from Fisherman's Shack.

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
Ok...my silver plating experiment was a success. I lost a few more spinners today fishing so I need to restock. If I don't hear anything in the next day or two I'm doing my own thing.

C
CoastieFlo
I might be interested in silver plating.....how hard is it to do?? Regular brass blades are about 1/2 the cost of silver plated even when you buy in bulk so plating your own might be the way to go if its economical financially and time-wise.

M
Modest_Man
The most expensive part was the solution ($30 shipped) I rigged up the rest with stuff from Goodwill for about $10.