Greenwood plunking and then some 05-09-2010

T
Thuggin4Life
xltom and I headed up to greenwood bright and early. Plunked greenwood until 10 something from first legal with only one trout ripping on my eggs. Windburnt showed up with his boat and anchored up across from us before we left. Hit a lower hole before we left and swithed to trout. we each got a small pellet head then went elsewhere and we each got a small cuttie and have a few bites and even seen some follows. Then hit hendrix with out any luck still trouting. Windburnt said water at greenwood was 45* can't wait for it to warm up. he ended up slaying some trout at leaburg.

N
nwkiller
nice pics and story, i can't wait for the water temp to climb either, my friend was down at the umpqua today and had seen a nice smallmouth almost bank himself chasing baitfish, but he was to smart for tackle

T
Thuggin4Life
Right on I need to try that out someday.

X
xltom
I don't know about the temperature at greenwood but the water was cold as hell at hendix park!! I went in up to my chest after slipping on a rock in hip waders. It was hilarious....the contents of my wallet are drying on my coffee table as we speak! Luckily it was about time to leave already....Thuggin didn't even laugh at me... It was a fun day.

N
natro
Thanks for the update. I'm debating on heading up there tomorrow, not too sure. I was curious how anybody had done up there lately.

T
the_intimidator03
xltom said:
I don't know about the temperature at greenwood but the water was cold as hell at hendix park!! I went in up to my chest after slipping on a rock in hip waders. It was hilarious....the contents of my wallet are drying on my coffee table as we speak! Luckily it was about time to leave already....Thuggin didn't even laugh at me... It was a fun day.

and thuggin didn't say this in the first post or come up with pictures? sheesh are we tryin to save some humility or what? lol

X
xltom
the_intimidator03 said:
and thuggin didn't say this in the first post or come up with pictures? sheesh are we tryin to save some humility or what? lol

Yeah, I was surprised he left that part out. What a nice guy. He even let me get back in his truck soaking wet. Hip waders sure do hold a lot of water. Hehehe!! I poured about a gallon out of each one on the bank. Should have worn golf cleats or something.

N
nwkiller
lol, done that b4...lol thuggin is a respectable guy for not mentioning it, bet that was the funniest part of the day

T
Thuggin4Life
I fell in wereing my chest waders once. Not my most favorite memory.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
I fell in wereing my chest waders once. Not my most favorite memory.

LOL I think at some point in time we all do it. I did it on a coastal river on a cold day in February and it was miserable, but the fishing was good so I suffered through it, and it paid off ultimately, but still sucked.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I fall in the river almost every time I fish!! :lol: Not always do I get wet but a lot of close calls. ;)

R
radiation
Went up the McKenzie Sat. afternoon. Stopped at one of my favorite spots. A couple of people were just leaving so I stayed. They said a guy pulled out a small salmon from there in the early AM. There were trout everywhere, but they weren't biting for them. They said they were following everything they threw but wouldn't bite. I decided to try for trout with a nymph. Caught 5 and let them all go. Two cutthroats, so they had to go anyway. The guys said they seen someone pull a steelhead out of Greenwood earlier that morning. I headed there for the last hour before dark and caught one 14" pellethead. I let it go since I didn't keep anything else. I did see one big salmon jump as I was leaving.

N
natro
Thanks for the report. I'm thinking I'm going to hit the river here real soon.

R
rippin fish lips
It's not fun to fall in wearing chest waders! happened to me not too long ago and it sucked! going out on the mac today at harvest lane to a hole that i found :) ill let u know how i do, prolly wont have pics cuz i want to get these trout back in the river quick, all natives! :) caught about 7 yesterday and my friend caught about 5 and got the biggest of the day, about 16". this was an unplanned fishing trip, got bored and went out at 2pm lol.
good luck to all that are out on the rivers, lakes or any body of water!!

Tanner

B
bigsteel
nice,,,looks like a great day