Lakes Green Peter Reservoir Fishing Reports

Troutski
Troutski
Good on you...

Good on you...

Nice collection of Kokes, very cool lake indeed. The weather can change in the afternoon and get pretty mean, but this lake does have its very nice days also. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, one could say monumental !! Very happy for you, from the sounds of it you might have the little Chromers syndrome. Good for you...
Great pictures....

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Uh oh! Yet another victim now suffers, from the worst disease known to fishing peeps everywhere...LCS (Little Chromers Syndrome)!!! :shock: :shock:

I'm pretty partial to that lake. It's been good to me, for over 4 decades. Trout, kokes, bass, and now a population of large Chinokanee to boot!

Kudos to your chum <pun intended for dramatic flare>, for taking you out for some Oregon Sockeyes! Excellent haul; and an excellent report. Well done young Jedi! :cool:

P.S. The only known treatment for LCS, are copious amounts of repeat trips!!! :lol:

O
Outdoor_Myers
ya need to get my own boat now. they where between 50 and 60 ft from green to red wedding rings and spin glows all kinds of corn! ya im addicted lol my gal bladder isn't a morning person anymore sadly

O
Outdoor_Myers
id love to bass fish that place but have no idea where to start or what to use lakes and rivers out here have me more confused than ever and I bass fished for 22 years in iowa

troutdude
troutdude
BTW...Chuck mentioned this above...

GP almost daily, kicks up a surface froth, about 9:30 - 10'ish. So, the water can get kind of rough. A lot of peeps fish as early as possible; in case they need to scoot for cover! Hopefully, your GB will re-invent itself, so you can fish GP early, and feed your LCS.

Gotta love acronyms! LOL

C_Run
C_Run
Nice looking bunch of fish, way to go. You're like Brandon Roy, playing through the pain!

C_Run
C_Run
There has been a dearth of kokanee reports on this forum lately so I thought I would do my duty and report. I can't remember if I even went last year. I heard they were kind of small lately up in Green Peter. I did my 2019 shakedown run in my kayak since the steelhead have been giving me the finger this year. I went with a friend who caught 10 trolling. I found I was having a problem with my depth finder cutting out due to a corroded wire and ended up losing a coupleof dodgers right away. The ancient line on my kokanee rods probably figured into that and I was reduced to jigging. There are schools of kokanee around but in about six hours I was only able to land four. The biggest one was 9.75 inches and that was about typical for my friend's catch as well. So, if you don't mind small kokanee, Green Peter is the place to go. I don't think I will go back this year, though. I did enjoy a couple for dinner, pan fried.

Reactions: OneFishTwoFish, Aervax, Raincatcher and 2 others
C_Run
C_Run
So there's the facts, folks. No need to waste your time. Don't need to look at ifish. Go to Odell when it opens.

G
Gulfstream
Thanks for the 411

Markk
Markk
I remember when GP produced 14”-15” fish. It has been quite a while since I fished GP and I never made it to Odell last but I think they were on the small side also. My efforts will be at Odell this year but not till early June (troller).
Thanks for the report!

4labs
4labs
Great that at least you made a run up there.
I was a little intimidated by the parking so not on my hit list.
Looks like East and Paulina will be the big fish lakes this yr with Wick being the unknown . Until I see some proof that the Wick fish survived (unlikely) I wont head over there.
Crane has kokes and not on most peoples sights but why when you can catch a 22" or bigger bow.
Heard rumors of 20" kokes at Davis but only catch and release and flies only by some bass guys but no pics.
If only Odell fish were bigger but 30 pp is fun and the 20lb macks are there.
Looks like a fun summer

C_Run
C_Run
I know they will get bigger during the year but I remember getting all 12" in April a few years ago. I've only been going early since I don't use a downrigger.

bass
bass
Thanks for the report C_run! I have been kicking around the idea of buying a WA license this year. A friend of mine has been catch a few at Merwyn this year and they have been pretty good sized. I am somewhat interested since the drive from Portland to Merwyn is much less than to Detroit or Green Peter. I was thinking of making a poor man's downrigger by hacking down a broken sturgeon rod. Then again I always have these kinds of ideas, but rarely can find time to make them happen.

Top Bottom