Green Peter Res?

D
Derek
Goin to fish green peter tomorrow guy at work is gona try out his new GPS auto trolling fandangled thing. SO what is the best to use there? Got about a thousand wedding rings. Any special colors for that lake? I usually use purple or blue in the high lakes but never fished Green Peter before.

M
Mike123
I tried a few different things.. but the best thing I used was a chrome/brass dodger and a mini UV Pink hootchie w/double hook rig smeared in a secret sauce. hahaha. You'll catch fish on that. Try a UV Sling Blade for a dodger. 20-30ft of water?

C
capblack
I know im a little late, but the goto at gp is tipping your trolling lures with white shoepeg corn soaked in tuna oil. they should be pretty high right now, dont probably need a rigger. so, how didi it go? any luck, Brian
Derek said:
Goin to fish green peter tomorrow guy at work is gona try out his new GPS auto trolling fandangled thing. SO what is the best to use there? Got about a thousand wedding rings. Any special colors for that lake? I usually use purple or blue in the high lakes but never fished Green Peter before.

D
Derek
Well I had one bite the guy I was with got two bites and he cought 1. Never thought of the tuna oil might have to give that a try next time. All the fish seemed to bo down around 100ft according to the fish finder think they would of been up higher considering the water temp about 44deg. Oh well still had a good time and it was a nice day.

C
capblack
I have yet to have a bad day at green peter, and ive road home with the skunk more times than i like to admit. very nice lake, my favorite by far in western oregon. what were you guys trying? Brian
Derek said:
Well I had one bite the guy I was with got two bites and he cought 1. Never thought of the tuna oil might have to give that a try next time. All the fish seemed to bo down around 100ft according to the fish finder think they would of been up higher considering the water temp about 44deg. Oh well still had a good time and it was a nice day.

D
Derek
All kinds of stuff wedding rings,we tads, hoochies. using corn and berkley Magots had 4 rods in the water.

C
Cannon
Fishing GP Sunday May 9th

Fishing GP Sunday May 9th

I am planning on fishing GP Sunday. I have a black and grey Alumaweld Styker with dual Honda's. If you see me, come on by and say Hi.

C
Cannon
Fished GP on Sunday as per plan. Boated 33 nice Kokanee over a six hour period. I had a ride along from another board who really got indoctrinated into kokanee madness. Non stop action after I got it dialed in. We also caught a lot of hold over trout which we gave back to the lake....

D
Derek
Nice , Guess I should head back up there and give it a try again.

C
Cannon
Derek said:
Nice , Guess I should head back up there and give it a try again.

If you go, the fish are hitting at 30-40' in depth. Pink, chartreaus, purple and Orange have worked well at various times of the day. The hot scent for me yesterday was "Kokanee Special" died red. It changes day to day so I usually bring at least 10 different scents and color varients. Change up until you find what they like. Use that until it dies down then switch until you find the groove again.
If you are catching a lot of trout, go deeper cause you are too shallow....

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
Nice haul!!!

C
capblack
cannon, have you noticed a difference in size this year? we were out saturday, and managed to boat 8 kokes, but they seem to be running 12-15 inches this year, seems like they are normally a little smaller at green peter. I found them around 30 ft in the morning on reds and pinks, and around 40-45 ft in the afternoon switching to greens and oranges, the bite seamed to last all day, we should have boated more like 20 with all the hits, but i was trying to manage two rods. oh well, it was a very nice day on the water, although there were lots of speed boats and jet skis. Brian

C
Cannon
I really havent noticed any difference in size. I do think that they have gotten a boost this year because of the mild winter. This year I was catching koke's on this lake in February. So the bite has turned on early and the fish are fatter but other than that, they are in the same average length.
I was also fishing two rods myself. Love to two pole rule!
Not as many boaters as I was expecting! I hate competing for my space with rude jet skiers.