Green Peter Res. 8/5-8/10

M
mosd
well gonna give it one more last crack before the kokes start turning. taking off after work tomorrow, an finding a camping spot. fishing friday, sat, sun depending on if i get my double limit or not:think::dance::think:. after this trip ill be prob hitting the siluslaw river for bluebacks nexted weekend... and yess ill post picks of this weekend (if i remember:think:)

R
rippin fish lips
sounds fun! I hope to hear a good report!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good fishing to ya and hope you have your limit by lunch time. I just gotta make time to get back to GP! lol

B
bernduffy
I was there yesterday Thurs and saw maybe 4 caught (dam area) where last two weeks I saw 20 caught each day. I'm a koke novice so I don't have a handle on catching them yet. Wish I knew where they are staging for the spawn fest. I'm sure you'll pull some in. Good luck!

M
mosd
well this is what i got today, notice the bucks are starting to get the hookjaw. boated 13 an lost 3 more, but all in all it was a good day. got enough to fill the smoker for now. headed back out tomorrow

hey bernduffy, any spinner ya got thats got a chartreuse body/blade with double sickle #4 hooks. i prefer to make my own stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Thuggin4Life
Sweet man you really have been hammering them this year! I would have tried to go with you but money has been tight. next year I'll have to pitch in on a few trips up there with you. I would really like to learn how to target those searun cutties a bit more than i already know.

M
mosd
well went there once again today, 245am comes early and quick. got to an had my boat in the water at 5am, proceded to head out. its funny when you catch a fish, all a sudden your surrounded by 10 plus boats that are either cutting ya off or asking questions which i dont mind answering but the cutting a boat cutting into your trolling path is a bunch of b/s. oh well thats lake fishing.

only one pick of a fish, got 8 today. a very lackluster performance, but heading back out once again tomorrow. gotta get rid of my wire on my other downrigger and put dacron braid on it. it'll make a world of difference:dance:

oh hey bernduffy, theres a pick of what lure/dodge combo thats been hot as of lately...

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bernduffy
Thanks, man: I especially like the clock shot...are we crazy or what!?

F
fishindude
Beautiful fat kokes !! Good job:clap::clap:

R
Reed
We were down there Saturday, left Longview @ 2:15, met my fishin partner in Tigard, would of been on the water at first light but some dummy lock his keys in the rig and we had to wait for AAA to open it up & then we loaded the gear and headed down. We were still on the water by 6:30ish, didn't find a hot bite, did manage to boat 17 nice fat Kokanee. The water was 73d and the fish we caught are just on the verg of getting soft but still good fish, nice and fat...

M
mosd
ya there starting to get abit on the mushy side. that was my last weekend up there im thinking, id like to do it some more but doubt my flat bottom boat can take a pounding when the wind hits the lake an makes it a ocean. been looking to trade it in on a boat with more a V to it

R
Reed
I'm working on a 16' V hull for the same reason. We do fish now out of a 21' sled and it works gr8 on GP but then again we don't run much, we troll out and only run back in. We run the boat on the trailer and the kicker doesn't have the power to do that. My grandson is going to spend the next week with me and I'd love to take him to GP for Kokes, I have a tri-hull that will work...

As for the fish getting soft, I just think I need to keep them on more ice than what I have been?

W
wormosa
mosd said:
well went there once again today, 245am comes early and quick. got to an had my boat in the water at 5am, proceded to head out. its funny when you catch a fish, all a sudden your surrounded by 10 plus boats that are either cutting ya off or asking questions which i dont mind answering but the cutting a boat cutting into your trolling path is a bunch of b/s. oh well thats lake fishing.

only one pick of a fish, got 8 today. a very lackluster performance, but heading back out once again tomorrow. gotta get rid of my wire on my other downrigger and put dacron braid on it. it'll make a world of difference:dance:

oh hey bernduffy, theres a pick of what lure/dodge combo thats been hot as of lately...
a wobbler?

C
Cannon
Reed said:
We were down there Saturday, left Longview @ 2:15, met my fishin partner in Tigard, would of been on the water at first light but some dummy lock his keys in the rig and we had to wait for AAA to open it up & then we loaded the gear and headed down. We were still on the water by 6:30ish, didn't find a hot bite, did manage to boat 17 nice fat Kokanee. The water was 73d and the fish we caught are just on the verg of getting soft but still good fish, nice and fat...

Never experienced fish getting soft at GP. I bleed them and into the ice slurrey they go. I am targeting 60' on average and the temp at that level is 55 degrees. If you are fishing shallower than 55' you are going to be catching smaller fish (with the exception of first light) and they will probably be soft. One key to fishing GP is that if you are catching trout, you are too shallow. All of the fish I have been bringing home are solid with heavy shoulders. Took a fellow with me the other day and he hooked a trout; nothing but mush... Chewed him out for killing/keeping it! Why eat trout when you can have kokanee?

R
Reed
Cannon said:
Never experienced fish getting soft at GP. I bleed them and into the ice slurrey they go. I am targeting 60' on average and the temp at that level is 55 degrees. If you are fishing shallower than 55' you are going to be catching smaller fish (with the exception of first light) and they will probably be soft. One key to fishing GP is that if you are catching trout, you are too shallow. All of the fish I have been bringing home are solid with heavy shoulders. Took a fellow with me the other day and he hooked a trout; nothing but mush... Chewed him out for killing/keeping it! Why eat trout when you can have kokanee?

Didn't bleed them on ice, but put them on ice just after bleeding, that may of been why? we fished 57' to 70', what there is Trout in GP...