Green Peter/ Foster Resv.

R
rogueriverdude
Just moved to the mid valley and was trying to find some tips for catching fish in G/P and Foster from the bank. My two boys (4,9) are dieing to hit the water and I am not familiar with lake fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and my boys. Oh were mainly looking to go after trout with 25 mins or so of Lebanon. Thanks

C
Combat Chuck
I know people can do good next the dam at GP and later this year the Quartville creek arm opens up and is good. If I knew more I'd offer it but I have had inconsistent success there. Guessing from the name, did you move up from southern oregon? I moved up from there 3 years ago and am still learning the water. Lots and lots of water to learn.

G
Griz
Green Peter:

Fishing GP is not very easy to do from the bank and I would say near the dam as well as the Quartzville arm are the only places to bank fish.

Foster:

Fishing at Foster depends a lot on the water level of the lake. In the Winter months the lake can get pretty low and so access to the lake changes. Bank fishing can be good under the first bridge you come to when going up the road to GP off of hwy 20. The bank gets muddy and can be very slick so be careful or you could end up in the water. I have fished for both Trout and Small mouth bass under this bridge many times. I have used Worms,Powerbait and Salmon Eggs here and have always caught some fish here.

Troutski
Troutski
Big Green...

Big Green...

rogueriverdude said:
Just moved to the mid valley and was trying to find some tips for catching fish in G/P and Foster from the bank. My two boys (4,9) are dieing to hit the water and I am not familiar with lake fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and my boys. Oh were mainly looking to go after trout with 25 mins or so of Lebanon. Thanks

I must say I have had very good luck at GP, Kokes, Rainbows,Large Mouth and at least three species of Sunfish. Like most res. the fishing is best when the lake is low, due to the fish schooling. When that lake is full it is one huge puppy, a piece of advice if you have GPS in your boat set a way point at the ramp...trust me on this. Most people that use that lake will attest to the 10,000 arms that all look the same, and when the wind kicks up and the rain is blasting you in the face knowing where you parked you rig is worth a million dollars. Trolling around the Island is fair to good for Koke's and the arms are pretty good for Trout, the Bass like the flats in the back, way in the back. Carry a full tank of fuel cuz that lake will burn some fuel.
It also has some Land Locked Chinook in it, and these fish have some serious teeth so beware. Good luck and welcome to the Willamette Valley, tons of opportunities here especially if one has a boat.
Tight lines and be safe on the water.

Chuck

G
Griz
Green Peter has some good fishing, but it is a boat show and not much bank fishing can be done. You can also fish for the kokes off of the bridge and with a little luck they will stay on your hook! :)

J
joemomma
I would give foster a shot where the river dumps into it, good access and really good trout fishing. Gp is tough to fish off the bank, quartzville arm like others have said would be a good bet. If ya got a boat it has some of the biggest koke's in the state!

G
Griz
Thanks Chris

Don't think I have ever seen the lake that low! Looks like another great day fishing!:)

J
joemomma
Chris is right, just bring some rubber boots! That mud gets everywhere!:lol: