Green Peter 2010

C
Cannon
Fished GP yesterday and had another banner day. Took a friend that had never really targeted kokanee before. Needless to say, he had an excellent time. Hooked him up with a Vance's DSCB dodger (copper with purple spot finish) and a Mack's silver bladed UV Glow wedding ring #19104. Charged the glow up on the gunnel for about ten minutes prior to putting it in the water. It turned into a fish fest! Everytime he would bring in a fish, he would let the spinner sit on the white cutting board in the back of the boat. Hottest thing since sliced bread! Bringing in the fish, I could'nt help but notice the difference in flash from the copper to the nickel plate that I was using. Copper was much more intense! We seemed to have two and three fish on constantly up till I pulled the plug and headed for the ramp at four.
I only had one of the glow wedding rings and I didn't have the heart to take it away from him. You can bet that I am going to head over to BiMart and get me a couple more for my arsenal.

L
Left Bank
Right on!!! I haven't tried those glow wedding rings. So you just let it sit in the sun for a bit and it'll glow?

C
Cannon
That is the way it works. We found that for best results they need to be charged every fifteen minutes or so.

P
pekarek2
Green Peter

Green Peter

Is there a better part of the lake to fish for Kokes or anywhere its about 50' depth?::)

C
Cannon
Last weekend, I caught plenty of fish down towards the dam. This week, I caught fish all over the lake. Your minimum depth is going to be right at 50'. The water temp is high clear down to 65' where the thermocline is located. We fished between 55' and 75' the last two weeks. In the early morning, at daylight you might be "lucky" at 45'. Kokanee prefer water in the 55 deg range. they will be found slightly above while feeding and slightly below but typically they will stay right in that range.

P
pekarek2
Thanks Cannon, off to GP.

M
mosd
nice work cannon, i would have gone this weekend but have had some nagging chores to do around the house and figured i might as well get em done this weekend. but nexted weekend ill be up there for sure.:pray:

R
Reed
I had so much of a good time yesterday, I fished GP for the first time. I'm temped to go back this next week, thanks for the pointers C, maybe I can use it next trip...