Green Canyon by Zig Zag.

S
ShdwmnkyX
Hello everyone,

I'm going to be camping up by Zig Zag and was curious if anyone knew what if anything was running through the Salmon river up by there? Any help would be appreciated.

K
Kais
Regs say: angling restricted to flies and lures, open for steelhead July1-Aug 31, and i think its open for salmon too.

There are some good spots to catch brookies is what i heard, and there are some good spots for summer steel and salmon

S
skunk
NONONO on the salmon. Only the steelhead. Just a heads up.

E
eggs
Was up there today... tons of hatches through out the day.. had a good steelhead take but no hookset.. lots of trout and a couple smolt were caugh and released! Should be great fishing!

K
Kais
Now i remember, the sign i saw there specifically said NO SALMON FISHING, my bad

W
willm350
if your talking about camping in the free spots past the camp ground, they put up barriers about 200 feet before the second bridge so the last 2 spots by the bridge you have to walk your stuff in a little bit. they also "encourage" you not to camp there but it doesn't actually say you can't. there just sick of picking up everyones broken glass and trash. Have fun up there, I love the spot just not some of the ppl I've encountered.Never had any serious problems but seen some wierd stuff.....we had about 20 native africans camp below us and were playing drums and dancing until at least 3 in the morning probably much later than that, we left at 3.
-Will

S
ShdwmnkyX
Well fishing was a moot point as all of my stuff was stolen the day I was supposed to leave. My own fault, i forgot to lock the door and he popped the trunk and ran off with it. Even stole my stringer. I bought a cheapy Ready to fish Combo on the way but the spot I was at (beyond the barriers) the river was low and I didn't see anything at all swimming around except a minnow. There was a group of locals partying next to us and they kept leaving little weird symbols with Rocks and Branches. And then the rains came and I slept in a puddle. Oh well it was still fun.

O
OnTheFly
ShdwmnkyX said:
Well fishing was a moot point as all of my stuff was stolen the day I was supposed to leave. My own fault, i forgot to lock the door and he popped the trunk and ran off with it. Even stole my stringer. I bought a cheapy Ready to fish Combo on the way but the spot I was at (beyond the barriers) the river was low and I didn't see anything at all swimming around except a minnow. There was a group of locals partying next to us and they kept leaving little weird symbols with Rocks and Branches. And then the rains came and I slept in a puddle. Oh well it was still fun.
Aw man....sorry you didn't get the trip you planned for. Noticed you still kept your chin up though.:cool: