Great day fishing with my son

S
smokin'salmon
Started the day on the Applegate river with no bites so by 9:30 we decided to go to Lake Selmac and try our luck there. We both limited out in about 2 hours, lots of fun with my son hooking up doubles seeing who could catch the most the fastest, well we called it a tie after we caught our limit and let several go that were just too small. Anyway Great day fishing with my son:dance:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice job with a full stringer. I fished there today and only caught one, had a half dozen bites that i didn't get though. Still was fun, met some cool people.

BTW what were you using? I got all my bites on nightcrawlers today, i did try powerbait and lures too though. This older lady that fished near me caught 4 on powerbait, couple others were skunked.

M
mgdguy
That's really great! I hope to fish with my kids like that some day :)

G
GDBrown
Fishing with your kids.

Fishing with your kids.

mgdguy said:
That's really great! I hope to fish with my kids like that some day :)

It is great to fish with your kids, I have done it with all of mine since they were about 4 years old. You eventually have to let them go on their own and this is the reward. Photos from their trips.

April142008Kyle-fish.jpg

Here is my son Kyle with a nice Brown caught near Livingston, MT on the Yellowstone River.
:(Sadly I was not with him. We do try and fish together every time we get together.:clap:

GD

B
bigsteel
Thats a beutiful fish GD,,,way to teach your kid

T
Thuggin4Life
Good job to both of you guys can't wait for someday to have kids and take them out fishing. Just hope they believe all the storys of the little boat fishing since by then I will have a big boat. Nothing beats fishing in the rain with no top and getting spay soak trying to cross a rough lake. Or not having a heater and getting out on the water when its 10* outside. Nice fish by the way.

G
GDBrown
Kids and Fishing

Kids and Fishing

You can't start too young if you make it fun...

kfish_Screen.jpgNovemberTrip.jpg

We have always enjoyed fishing in our family! Here is my mom from a trip to Westport, WA during the mid 60's.

MomFish_1.jpg

I have photos and lures from my grandfather who fished for sailfish while stationed in Panama while the canal was being built. I'l try and find that one too.

The family that fishes together stays together...... Worked for us!

GD

B
bigsteel
I like that pic from the 60s looks like a great era

G
GDBrown
My best memories growing up were of summer trips in B. C. pulling a camping trailer and fishing lakes outside of Cache Creek. That's were I learned to drive when I was about 11 or 12 years old. Dad would borrow my uncles old outboard motor and we would rent a boat when we go to the lake. Always caught fish trolling small flat fish.

C
Caveman
Passing the experience down is what it is all about. Everytime my son has thanked me for taking him fishing, or backpacking, or hunting I have always told him that all he has to do to repay me is to make sure he takes time to do the same things with his kids. A couple weeks ago I got to fish with a grandson for the fisrt time. There is absolutly no better way to spend time with your kids than to be doing something outdoors.