Great crabbing tides

H
halibuthitman
after having less than desirable crabbing in Newport last week I thought I would take advantage of the big tide today to hit hammond on the columbia .... and the crabbing is spectacular.. 6 pots 2 hrs and 3 limits, and the crab are extremely full with many of them being well over an inch over legal size, it was a little choppy ( made me long for a v-hull ) but warm. our best pot was 8 keepers in 20 minutes. 20-25 ft seemed to be the magic number. thought I would throw in a few pics.. enjoy

M
Mike123
Mmmmmmm.... crab..... :clap:

T
troutmasta
Wow!:shock: How do you get where you're talking about???

T
Thuggin4Life
I'm so jealous. We had a beach/crabbing trip planned for tommorrow but the weather got worse each day I checked so now we aren't going.

H
halibuthitman
You just drive highway 30 through astoria, cross the bridge turn right in warrenton at the first light. drive through warenton until you reach hammond, you will see signs telling you the public launch is on your right.. launch your boat, go out the jetty turn left drive 50 yrds and look for the 20 ft edge on your sounder and bang crabcakes for dinner! if you have a small boat you can limit 50 yrds from the launch... The smaller the tide the farther towards the mouth you should go... and of course the 3 hrs before and up to high slack is best, it can actually make all the differnce, I also go further out if there has been any real heavy rain in the last 24 hrs. Have fun

Last edited: