Great at the fish farm! (aka Sandy River)

A
Anyfishisfine
This morning on the Sandy a person could be forgiven for thinking they were at a trout farm. Everyone was catching lots of fish.

No river side pictures yet, but I got 2 hens and a buck.

• 20100925colho1_bbs.png
P
PARTYBOY
Very Nice!!! Going to be eating well tonight!

M
Modest_Man
Dare I ask where and what people were using? :O I still have yet to pull a salmon out of a river and it's high time I did!

A
Anyfishisfine
Oxbow park. #4 Blue Fox FireTiger seemed to be the spinner of choice for many who caught fish.

C
Cohosanders
Good job anyfishisfine!! Man I cannot get a hatchery ho anywhere on the Sandy. 5 times to Dabney, 2 times to Oxbow and 1 time to Cedar..WTF? Oh well that is life and that's fishing for ya. I am glad to see 3 on your counter top!!

F
FishSchooler
YAY FISH. I'm going to hope to have a heap like that on my counter tomorrow :)

Did you just drive down oxbow park rd and pull off and fish or hike?
And I remember there is a gate/fee to get in... is there a opening time?

M
Mike123
Yea I was hearing that the gate at Oxbow was closed and opens the 1st of Oct...??? Can you drive in there now?

A
Anyfishisfine
FishSchooler said:
YAY FISH. I'm going to hope to have a heap like that on my counter tomorrow :)

Did you just drive down oxbow park rd and pull off and fish or hike?
And I remember there is a gate/fee to get in... is there a opening time?

It closes at night. I think opening is 6:00 or 6:30, not 100% sure though. After October 1st they let you park down in the campgrounds and that saves a lot of walking for some holes. The gate opening time probably changes then too.

M
Mike123
Anyfishisfine said:
It closes at night. I think opening is 6:00 or 6:30, not 100% sure though. After October 1st they let you park down in the campgrounds and that saves a lot of walking for some holes. The gate opening time probably changes then too.

Cool thanks for the info.

M
Modest_Man
Thanks so much, now I'm trying to convince myself that I need to get up at 5am on Sunday. I'm guessing there were lots of people? I could go Tuesday or Wed...but who knows how the fishing will be then!

EDIT: Swung by WalMart (two min away and they carry Blue Fox). They had size 2, 3, 5, and 6. No size 4. Guess I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

Last edited:
F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Modest_Man said:
Thanks so much, now I'm trying to convince myself that I need to get up at 5am on Sunday. I'm guessing there were lots of people? I could go Tuesday or Wed...but who knows how the fishing will be then!

EDIT: Swung by WalMart (two min away and they carry Blue Fox). They had size 2, 3, 5, and 6. No size 4. Guess I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

i use #3s/#4s in chrome , gold , or copper . sometimes black(mike jackson) . i use 4s in faster water , 3s when the water is slower . you have to let them hit the bottom now and then , and not be affraid to loose one . sometimes i fish all day and not loose one , other days i might donate 3 or 4 . its a acquired touch to using spinners .

A
Anyfishisfine
Modest_Man said:

#3's work fine. I was using them a couple weeks ago and got nice fish :)